turbo cider advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimmy

Reaction score
hi all. ive just finished making my first turbo cider. ive used master brewers recipe. 8 ltrs of asda apple juice 2 ltrs of pomegranate juice, 2 tsp of youngs super yeast, 2 tsp of malic acid, 2 tsp of pectorose, 2tsp of yeast nutrient, and 1 tsp of tannin, 520 g of golden caster suger(its all I had). ive not used DJs and used my FV instead. is this ok? theres 10 ltrs in all and a large gap upto the lid. someone told me this isent right and it wont ferment propley because of the space? its sealed tight with a breather and have a heat belt round it. is all this ok.
also master brewer says to add water after 3 days but I don't know how much?

The gap at the top won't stop fermentation, it might aid the risk of infection if you haven't been attentive to the cleaning and sterilising preparation but apart from that, I've never had problems and I've often brewed a smaller brew in a large FV (as it was the only one that was free at the time).

you may find it wont ferment out dry, as you used golden sugar it may have some unfermentable sweetness

I hope you like it sweet :cheers:

Two points.

Firstly I wouldn't add any sugar to a Tc all it does is dilutes the delicate flavour.

And the same goes to adding water. Apples just don't have enough flavour to dilute it any further.

With regards to air gap I usually make 25l of Tc in a 30l fv and leave it for 9 months without doing any harm to it.

:thumb:

thx all. wellll I don't like it sweet lol but if it tastes good all is well. and I wont add any water to it. when u say leave it for 9 months do u leave it in the FV or bottle it?

Latest posts

Back