Turbo cider.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mcr what was recipe for summer fruits tc.

I opened the small plastic bottle I had in the picture to night out of curiosity and my oh my

Basically clear , decent fizz and great sweet taste

In all honesty 10 / 10 it's chapping on the back doors of supermarket cider

Defo give it a go [emoji106]

40ce24d44a7dc444f5261c6e4fe8a9e8.jpg

Even looks good in the fridge next to the big boys [emoji23][emoji23]

Had a few friends over last night and the wanted to try the homebrew out to be honest 3 out of 4 could be doing with more conditioning but the still tasted dam good

c39a86bcd666ca23d158309d9a3c2798.jpg

Cherry summer fruits raspberry and blackcurrent

[emoji106]

There was also a fair few bottles of the squash punch tanned as well so was a fairly good turn around

Glad to hear yours is going down well Mrc,

The stepsons girlfriend tried my Rasp TC and said it was a bit lacking in flavour but after adding a couple oi capfuls of lowicz syrup she likes it and says its better than lidl taurus cider which she drinks quite a bit of, so it looks like it will get drunk and gives me a base to experiment from but it needs more flavour and sweeter.

Glad to hear yours is going down well Mrc,

The stepsons girlfriend tried my Rasp TC and said it was a bit lacking in flavour but after adding a couple oi capfuls of lowicz syrup she likes it and says its better than lidl taurus cider which she drinks quite a bit of, so it looks like it will get drunk and gives me a base to experiment from but it needs more flavour and sweeter.

You should definitely give the squash version a try that's sweet and tastes really fruity [emoji106]

3.5l of AJ (farmfoods)
750ml of morrisons own summer fruits squash (boiled over for ten mins)
Mug of tea
2tsp malic acid
1tsp pectalose
1/3 of a packet of sweetened yeast

Then batch primed with

30ml of raspberry syrup
35ml of cherry syrup

There ya go mate [emoji106]

Just wondering how those who have used it rated the "yeast with sweetener", ?.....

Cheers.........

Yeah, definitely makes a big difference, it was me who posted it earlier in the thread.
Just wondered what your thoughts where, for me it convinced me to keep brewing T/C, at a time where i was getting pretty fed up with it's bland, sharp, appearance.
I tried back sweetening, fruit ciders, etc, and they never really did it for me, now using this type of yeast and experimenting for a few years now, i find i am producing cider to a pretty good standard, most friends, work pals, etc, who have tried it are pretty much agreed, it's very very drinkable, and maybe sale-able too (but that's for another day).......
Anyway good luck, and i hoped it's improved your T/C's.

:thumb:

hi.those that have done t/c have you added a clearing agent or do they clear themselves.if they clear themselves how long?.I've done 1 about a week ago and no sign of clearing!!!

I usually bottle straight after fermentation is finished leave in the warm for about a week to carb up and then move to somewhere cold and the clear out on there own within a few days

Sure that's how most people do it tbh

Yeah, definitely makes a big difference, it was me who posted it earlier in the thread.
Just wondered what your thoughts where, for me it convinced me to keep brewing T/C, at a time where i was getting pretty fed up with it's bland, sharp, appearance.
I tried back sweetening, fruit ciders, etc, and they never really did it for me, now using this type of yeast and experimenting for a few years now, i find i am producing cider to a pretty good standard, most friends, work pals, etc, who have tried it are pretty much agreed, it's very very drinkable, and maybe sale-able too (but that's for another day).......
Anyway good luck, and i hoped it's improved your T/C's.

:thumb:

I notice you say it was bland. That's how I described my first cider. I'm only on the second batch now and I think this one is better, but still not convinced. I found the sharpness went after a few weeks and I was more than happy with the appearance of mine.

I have now bought some Malic Acid and I'm going to buy Glycerin before I start on the next one. I'm hoping this will make the next one a bit better. Personally I like the cider dry as so I'm not in a hurry to change yeast.

Opened a couple of bottles to try my first Turbo-cider at Christmas, but they had only been conditioning for about two weeks.
I found it quite sharp and not quite to my taste - I like it a bit sweeter and smoother but my daughter's boyfriend (who is a cider drinker) thought it was quite good and took a couple of bottles!
My sister-law likes it if I added some more Lowicz fruit syrup to it at the pour.
I will leave it for a few more weeks to condition, but it shows how we all like different tastes.
This is quite an easy brew to make, so I would like to get it geared to my palette for future brews. :geek:

Latest posts

Back