Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Controversial, but would it have happened on Trumps watch?

I am genuinely worried about our way of life now. Just think of what the normal families in Ukraine are going through.

He was quite chummy with Putin though wasnt he. Would have been interesting. It's a worrying time for sure.

Lee, it would cause they don't care.

Pilgrim, your right in that they are a small minority but our upright and incorruptible political class pay attention to them and pander to their gibberings.

some military guy on 5 live said they don't have enough men to take over the country and keep it I am sure Putin knows this.

Controversial, but would it have happened on Trumps watch?
Trump has already released statements congratulating Putin saying "As a Sovereign Person" he has every right to continue with his actions. Apparently sovereign persons are above common law, like royalty, trump etc. It is the new status you can grant yourself, probably invented on 4chan along with the rest of their b*llocks. I bet this is part of what Trump and Putin were discussing during their private meeting last year. This could be the start of some serious *hit..

Be interesting to see the reaction of the Wokies, SJW's, Snow flakes and so on...

in the West we've spent our time and focus on decadent issues (you pick them) and new toys while others have built weapons. :(

In the UK Young people can apparently be traumatised because they don't like someone's opinion!! how can they defend the country?

I'm not hopeful......
What?

Young people should be spending their lives preparing to die for their country?

This post could have been written by an AI bot trained to do political parody

Luckily we still have young men/women who see the armed forces as a career

The British Armed Forces are a professional force with a strength as of 1 April 2021 of -

153,290 UK Regulars and Gurkhas.

37,420 Volunteer Reserves.

8,170 - other Personnel.

This gives a total strength of 198,880 "UK Service Personnel".

@samale
Listened to this on the way to work this morning. Has a good interview with a guy from an American think tank

https://play.acast.com/s/the-david-...n-the-russian-conflict-how-did-we-end-up-here
As for whats happening now.
It looks like Putin wants to destroy Ukraine's ability to defend itself and replace it's government.
He's gambled that there is no real political will in the west to do anything about this.

Unless the Ukrainian military manages to bog down the Russians or there is some kind of internal pressure in Russia, Putin will replace the Ukrainian government.

Putin wants to re-establish the borders of the old Russian empire/Soviet Union. It'll be fascinating how the old Warsaw Pact countries react.

@samale
Listened to this on the way to work this morning. Has a good interview with a guy from an American think tank

https://play.acast.com/s/the-david-...n-the-russian-conflict-how-did-we-end-up-here
As for whats happening now.
It looks like Putin wants to destroy Ukraine's ability to defend itself and replace it's government.
He's gambled that there is no real political will in the west to do anything about this.

Unless the Ukrainian military manages to bog down the Russians or there is some kind of internal pressure in Russia, Putin will replace the Ukrainian government.

Putin wants to re-establish the borders of the old Russian empire/Soviet Union. It'll be fascinating how the old Warsaw Pact countries react.
That's my weekend of night shift sorted 👍

On the way to work this morning I was listening to an analyst on the radio.
He explained that while Russia may have enough troops to destroy the Ukrainian military they haven't enough to occupy the country.
Will Russia make the same mistakes the US/UK made in Iraq?

We joked about the sanctions but having heard all the discussion on how they will effect Russia today I think they will have the desired effect.

We joked about the sanctions but having heard all the discussion on how they will effect Russia today I think they will have the desired effect.
If Putin thought that, he wouldnt have launched an enormous invasion surely? I am sure he has gamed this out.

I am sure he has gamed this out.
No doubt.

Sanctions had no effect in 2014 after Crimea.
Putin has in no doubt factored in sanctions in his calculations.
He reckons he can destroy the Ukrainians military potential quickly.

No doubt.

Sanctions had no effect in 2014 after Crimea.
Putin has in no doubt factored in sanctions in his calculations.
He reckons he can destroy the Ukrainians military potential quickly.
The endgame that is acceptable to Russia/Nato etc will already be getting discussed im sure. Unless Putin has suddenly and catastrophically lost the plot, he hasnt turned into Dr Evil, despite Western narrative.

Of course, if he elects to go further, the chnaces are we will all be dead within weeks, so lets just keep our fingers crossed that there is a peaceful (ish) end to this.

Brewnaldo. Hardly, if you consider the world and history there seems always to be someone willing to take what you have and all too often kill to get it.

Toys are fun, I love my toys, but they will not stop an armed man so I sadly conclude that if you want to keep your liberty, life and your toys you better be willing to fight for them.

No I do not want to see war EVER but what I want may not matter .......

Latest posts

Back