Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like our sanctions as was widely suggested didn't go far enough, what happens now?

The first explosions were heard here in Kyiv shortly after five in the morning. There were four or five, muffled and distant.
Others followed soon afterwards, the most recent sounded closer but still not in the city centre.
One report suggested the airport might be under attack. A government official dealing with the foreign press said airfields and military headquarters had been attacked.
Other reports have been coming in from across Ukraine, including towns in the east, like Kramatorsk, close to areas controlled by pro-Russian separatists.
Coming shortly after Vladimir Putin's latest speech, this appears to mark the start of Russia's long-awaited attack.
BBC News

Russian forces have launched a major military assault in Ukraine, with reports of explosions near major cities across the country.
In a pre-dawn TV statement Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia did not plan to occupy Ukraine, but said Moscow's response would be "instant" if anyone tried to stop this.
Shortly afterwards, reports began of attacks on Ukraine's military targets.
Ukraine said that "Putin has launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine".
In a video statement on Thursday morning, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said martial law was now being imposed across all of Ukraine.
"No panic. We're strong. We're ready for anything. We'll defeat everyone, because we are Ukraine," the president said.
He said Russia carried out strikes on Ukraine's military infrastructure and border guard units. Military headquarters, airfields and military warehouses in Kyiv, Dnipro and Kharkiv, officials said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60503037

I'm not sure what 'the west's or NATO can do here short of war... Ukraine will likely surrender in a few days so material support wont work. Sanctions will bite not but not immediately. Putin has worked this well, knowing that there is no appetite for confrontation. I think though that something has to be done, this cannot be acceptable in this day and age surely?

Has anyone some good source material on what is causing the conflict or the reasoning behind Russia's actions

Be interesting to see the reaction of the Wokies, SJW's, Snow flakes and so on...

in the West we've spent our time and focus on decadent issues (you pick them) and new toys while others have built weapons. :(

In the UK Young people can apparently be traumatised because they don't like someone's opinion!! how can they defend the country?

I'm not hopeful......

Be interesting to see the reaction of the Wokies, SJW's, Snow flakes and so on...

in the West we've spent our time and focus on decadent issues (you pick them) and new toys while others have built weapons. :(

In the UK Young people can apparently be traumatised because they don't like someone's opinion!! how can they defend the country?

I'm not hopeful......

I think that whilst there is some truth to what you're saying.I believe you've fallen into the trap of believing the Daily Mail's narrative that there is a vast horde of snivelling lefties intent on destroying the country from within. There is a tiny (but loud) minority of those people. They are as bad as the Hopkins, Fox's and Farages of this world. Most people in this country regardless of what Twitter might want us to believe are pretty centrist in their views.

Back