Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nolan Peterson

@nolanwpeterson
·
4h

A look at the impact crater left by a Russian missile at the playground in Shevchenko Park.

1665511593828.png

If Putin nukes an Ukraine city will the west retaliate, I do not believe so and he knows that, he has nothing to loose very dangerous times.

If Putin nukes an Ukraine city will the west retaliate, I do not believe so and he knows that, he has nothing to loose very dangerous times.
If fallout from a Russian nuclear detonation in Ukraine reached a NATO country it could technically trigger article 5 of the NATO treaty.

US general Prataeus recently warned that if Russia attacked Ukraine with a tactical nuclear weapon, the US would destroy the Russian military in Ukraine, Crimea & the Black Sea using conventional weapons.

It would cause a huge escalation in the conflict.

However, Russia using tactical nukes would isolate it from India & China and alienate any neutral parties in Africa.

What will it take for peace talks to start. Surely it's in everyone's interest to find a solution.
I can't see peace talks happening anytime soon.
The Ukraine is making impressive gains, but the campaign season is ending in a few weeks (once winter sets in).
I can't see Ukraine accepting anything except kicking Russia out of their country (who could blame them).
Putin will be unable to disengage without something that he can sell as a victory.

I can't see it ending this year, unfortunately, I hope I'm wrong

I can't see peace talks happening anytime soon.
The Ukraine is making impressive gains, but the campaign season is ending in a few weeks (once winter sets in).
I can't see Ukraine accepting anything except kicking Russia out of their country (who could blame them).
Putin will be unable to disengage without something that he can sell as a victory.

I can't see it ending this year, unfortunately, I hope I'm wrong
What a waste of life, there is no winner's in war.

Probably a mis-quote

'The only thing worse than a battle lost is a battle won.' Arthur Wesley

A lot of the analysis I have read/heard recently have been saying this could last years.

Probably a mis-quote

'The only thing worse than a battle lost is a battle won.' Arthur Wesley

A lot of the analysis I have read/heard recently have been saying this could last years.
Another good quote is
" The first casualty in war is the truth"

There are other dangers here too. Not least that the public, British and American, will get jaded with the drain of resources over time.
The UK has spent approaching £2.5 Billion on the war so far, and is about to do the same next year.

This is all very well for a bit, but when the lights go out and when people start loosing their homes because the country is supposedly skint, I think we will see a turning of opinion.

If Russia used Nukes NATO absolutley would respond, would it be nuclear? probably not but they have a lot of contingency planned for all of this already.

Obvioulsy we really hope it does not come to this but If it ever came about Nato actually moved in on Russia they would be captured pretty quickly I think.

Whilst Xi and Modi are not exacltly looking great with their keeping a safe distance from Putin but quietly being on his side I do not think they would stand by and let him go armageddon.

There are other dangers here too. Not least that the public, British and American, will get jaded with the drain of resources over time.
The UK has spent approaching £2.5 Billion on the war so far, and is about to do the same next year.

This is all very well for a bit, but when the lights go out and when people start loosing their homes because the country is supposedly skint, I think we will see a turning of opinion.

That is what Russia are banking on.

Nope, so many killed which did not need to happen, RU re-enforcements are grossly under equiped, so worrying for them if they are going to hunker down in the freezing temps this winter. God only knows if the train supplies for Kerch bridge will be working, the video they posted the other day was faked as the burnt out train is still on the track.

RU saber rattle Nukes but are terrified of long range ATACMS. (I think an ATACMS took out the bridge)

Russias attacks were a petulent response to the Kerch bridge the other day which saw the loss of a civilians.

I mean its all **** and awful I hate anyone dying but Ukraine are trying to take out the logistics and stop the army from being strong to kill then, they are enagging in their armed forces. RU are running away and indiscriminatley throwing rockets at civilian infastructure. RU say they target infastructure but they have hit playgrounds and all sorts, geotagged and confirmed.

The only way this will stop anytime soon is, a bullet right between Vlads eyes, who on here would pull the trigger, i would and not because i am some kind of nut job i would do it to stop all the suffering particularly children, i will never forget the images of Kim Phúc in Vietnam think i was about 14 at the time, we are all moaning about the price of energy put yourself in their shoes and, paying the energy bill pales into nothing compared to what ordinary people in Ukraine are suffering

If Russia used Nukes NATO absolutley would respond, would it be nuclear? probably not but they have a lot of contingency planned for all of this already.
Obvioulsy we really hope it does not come to this but If it ever came about Nato actually moved in on Russia they would be captured pretty quickly I think.
Whilst Xi and Modi are not exacltly looking great with their keeping a safe distance from Putin but quietly being on his side I do not think they would stand by and let him go armageddon.
Use of nuclear weapons could not go unanswered. If it was it would set a precedent for Russia and any other nuclear state that they can just fire off nukes and everyone will back down.

It wouldn't be a nuclear strike in reply, but I would imagine that the US and partners would launch everything they have at Russian forces inside or near Ukraine.

Last edited by a moderator:
RU say they target infastructure but they have hit playgrounds and all sorts, geotagged and confirmed.

The problem with Russian forces is that their commanders (Putin included) think they are way more capable and in a better position than they are in reality.

When Putin tells his intelligence people to find out where the Ukrainians are hiding all their ammo/troops etc, they say they know exactly where everything is, despite not having a clue, and instead providing 'recon' of random buildings that look important. Because you don't want to disappoint Putin.

When Putin asks his logistics people how many precision missiles they have, he's given a number that is at best fudged, because you really don't want to tell Putin that some General was selling them off to other countries, or a warehouse full of them was destroyed due to incompetence.

So while the attacks on Ukrainian civilians are horrifying, they're also wasting precious Russian resources on targets of no consequence to the war.

Latest posts

Back