Vacumn packer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a small hand held silvercrest one, it runs of mains adaptor or 6 aa batteries that come with it, I haven't used it yet but it looks ideal for sealing up hop pellets, I tend to buy 400-500g bags of pellets so I need to seal them up again for multiple uses.

I doubt that these would be powerful enough for large bags as it would overwork the motor to much. This was 6 quid and runs of batteries that are supplied.

One other item they had at half price which is probably only store specific was a temp monitor with an exterior probe as well, ideal if you want to check a rooms low and high temps thru out a 24hr time cycle.

Last edited:
One other item they had at half price which is probably only store specific was a temp monitor with an exterior probe as well, ideal if you want to check a rooms low and high temps thru out a 24hr time cycle.
Would be interesting for in the shed, as it fluctuates quite a bit. But I think this thing would do the job too, if needed.

Aye that's pretty much the same thing only that one doesn't have an outdoor remote transmitter with it, which would mean you having to go to the shed and look at it, unless you keep your beer out there :beer6:

I've since tried this out and it does work well, the odd bag did let air back in but I found placing it inside a larger bag and sealing it cured the problem, at the time I did buy a spare pack of bags which had 2 different sizes.

Latest posts

Back