Vacuum sealer bags

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott-ayling

Reaction score
Got myself a new toy to play with , a vacuum sealer as bought 5kg of hops and going to vacuum package up in to lots of 100g, i got a few bags and 2 rolls with the machine but i was wondering if i could use static shielding bags ? as i can get these from my work which would save me using the bags and rolls which i got with it and just use them for food stuff.

Unfortunately as they are smooth your machine will not work with them. There are a couple of tricks, try youtube searching for Mylar bag sealing, if you decide to go with one of those then the next thing would be to give it a go...

Oh, forgot to say, 50 bags is a lot! You will be properly fed up with it by the end, I break down into 500g bags and then when I open one of them, split that down into 100g or if possible just reseal the bag

Awolphotography said:
Oh, forgot to say, 50 bags is a lot! You will be properly fed up with it by the end, I break down into 500g bags and then when I open one of them, split that down into 100g or if possible just reseal the bag
Agree with this. Splitting 5kg into 10x500g bags is pretty tedious.

I split to 500g and when I open one I use what I want and re-seal :thumb:

Latest posts

Back