Veganuary.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I cannot ever remember anyone picking me up for liking the opposite sex nor would I take to task anyone who is vegan, you are what you are I have plenty of gay bi friends they are all welcome in my world for what they are human beings, this world we live in could be a great place to live if we except people for what they are, the only thing I take exception to is religion the root of all evil

Just as a complete random aside I discovered the other day dogs need the same amounts of vitamin C that humans do, but they can manufacture it themselves (inside themselves, not in little doggy vitamin factories)

I'm 43 I went veggie when I was 17. I'm considering veganism as the alternatives are more widely available now and far more appetising than they used to be.
KFC have launched a new Vegan fillet today. I intend to try it tomorrow.

I'm 43 I went veggie when I was 17. I'm considering veganism as the alternatives are more widely available now and far more appetising than they used to be.
KFC have launched a new Vegan fillet today. I intend to try it tomorrow.

Greggs' vegan sausage roll is lovely. When they first came out the greggs shops ran out of stock really quickly. They now advertise it as "the nations favourite"

The only suppliment vegans have to take is B12. You can get every other macro and micro nutrient from plant sources. B12 comes from microbes in the soil, rather than meat. Animals get it (which is then passed on to meat eaters) because they eat a lot of dirt along with their feed. Before we were so meticulous about washing fruit and veg humans would have gotten B12 the same way (I bet Clint gets loads of B12 from his polytunnel).

Have a look at this https://www.veganlifemag.com/cannot-survive-vegan-diet-tim-noakes/

He has gone one step further now, saying that people cannot survive on a vegan diet.

Noakes told the Huffington Post South Africa: “There’s never been a society that can survive on a completely vegetarian or vegan diet. We have to have some animal products. Vegan people survive because you can get some of the nutrition you need from supplements, which means it’s not a complete diet.

“But you are still not getting adequate protein. You can survive on a 100% animal diet, but you cannot survive 100% on a vegan diet.

“We became humans when we started to eat animal produce. When we became carnivores we said it is much easier to eat an animal, than have to carry around this huge gut.

“Now what’s happening is that vegans and vegetarians are trying to convert the biology of humans to the way we were 3 million years ago, and we can’t do that. There is one species that tried, the Panda Bear, and it is one of the most unhealthy animals on earth.”

Can the likes of KFC and Gregg's control their product handling that well. For instance if I go in and buy a meat product does the assistant use the same tongs or gloved hand to pick up M's vegan option?
Is this acceptable practice to vegans?

Why call it sausage roll or the latest vegan steak bake, just call them vegan roll or vegan bake, very clever of Greggs to keep the meat theme to boost sales

Can the likes of KFC and Gregg's control their product handling that well. For instance if I go in and buy a meat product does the assistant use the same tongs or gloved hand to pick up M's vegan option?
Is this acceptable practice to vegans?

All depends why you're a vegan I suppose.But I agree I wouldn't trust their food handling if it concerned me

Why call it sausage roll or the latest vegan steak bake, just call them vegan roll or vegan bake, very clever of Greggs to keep the meat theme to boost sales

Of course! only vegans would buy it if it was called a vegan roll but all those meat eater who feel they might like to cut down on their meat consumption might have their heads turned by a vegan sausage roll!

My take on life is, you are born with a set genes, some time during your life time some of those genes will go bad and you will become sick no matter what you eat or drink, think its called hereditary both my kids are down for ct scans when hit 60 for something I may pass on to them, my dad died of the same thing, just don't worry get on with life and enjoy it in moderation

Of course! only vegans would buy it if it was called a vegan roll but all those meat eater who feel they might like to cut down on their meat consumption might have their heads turned by a vegan sausage roll!
I have tried them both, I was not impressed but I swelled greggs coffers

What Rodcx500z said...why do some vegan products still get called "meat" ..ah,it's to get non vegans to eat it I suppose...but then there's still vegan products in the supermarket that I virtually never look at still reference what meat they are supposed to correspond to
Incidentally I have tried on various occasions at the request of Mrs Clint some of the vegan "mince" type products and find them disturbingly awful..
I do sometimes eat veg only meals, especially stuff in season off my plot. I have mentioned growing our own meat but Mrs Clint says it would be like eating the pets...that's one thing I really don't get...

One thing I don't get is some (meat eaters?) get really angry at (militant?) vegans for pushing veganism. But dont get angry at Macdonalds, KFC (or any other food producer for that matter) for pushing the food producers choice of food type. In fact they come into your house and do it (via adverts on TV) without you permission

What Rodcx500z said...why do some vegan products still get called "meat" ..ah,it's to get non vegans to eat it I suppose...but then there's still vegan products in the supermarket that I virtually never look at still reference what meat they are supposed to correspond to
Incidentally I have tried on various occasions at the request of Mrs Clint some of the vegan "mince" type products and find them disturbingly awful..
I do sometimes eat veg only meals, especially stuff in season off my plot. I have mentioned growing our own meat but Mrs Clint says it would be like eating the pets...that's one thing I really don't get...
I eat more veg than anyone in our house the greener and darker the better, I love dark cabbage spouts spinach, I probably eat more veg than meat, the only veg I don't like is parsnips horrible things

Ah, yes, we have here products from "The Vegan Butcher".

Latest posts

Back