Very rapid verdant yeast has me questioning my timings, help needed please!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDHIPA

Reaction score
Hello all and happy Wednesday,

i brewed a 10l batch of Verdants lightbulb and pitched the lallemand verdant yeast bang on midnight on Monday (just under three days ago)

gravity is already down from 1.040 to 1.014 (I had read this yeast is seriously rapid) and I am now stuckas to when to dry hop and when to cold crash..

initial thoughts are to raise temps from 20c to 22c this evening for two days whilst also dry hopping with 20g of pellets

then after the two day diacetyl rest/dry hop I would cold crash it for a further 2 or three days and then bottle on Monday making it 7 days from grain to bottle.

how does that sound? I have never cold crashed anything before, my main reason for doing so with this hazy recipe is to drop as much sediment out of suspension as possible as I will be bottling straight from a tap in my fermenter (this is to eliminate oxidation when racking which ruined my last batch)

If you are worried about oxidation, avoid the cold crash unless you are using a co2 balloon type system! When you crash you suck air back in through the airlock supposedly

Back