Vinometers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moley said:
It can't.

Complete and utter waste of time and money.

Haha, I was nearly conned into buying one by my local HBS.

Luckily I'm a member of this forum and had been well informed! :D :thumb: :cheers:

I was then told "our thermometers are 100% accurate", then after looking at a few of them I noticed the temperatures were obviously incorrect, lowest one measured the room at 19c, and another at 24c, rest were all randomly in between.

tut tut tut :nono:

Lying to sell products is not cool, now, if I need to take a trip there to buy some things, I have to protect myself with the "shield of anti-********".

Just to offer a contrary opinion...

I think I paid about 2 quid for mine and I have found it useful on many occassions. I don't think it's particularly accurate, but for the price it seems to give an indication of the level of alcohol present, which is useful if (for whatever reason) you haven't got an OG reading.

shadow47 said:
Lying to sell products is not cool, now, if I need to take a trip there to buy some things, I have to protect myself with the "shield of anti-********".
Maybe you should get some of this:
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/autoglym- ... ellent.php
:lol:

metalmickey said:
I think an inducation of abv is all thats required i.e 14% or 15% but not any decimals.
:rofl: With a vinometer, if you've got a magnifying glass to read the damned thing, you'll be lucky to get within 5%. Take six readings and they'll all be different.

Don't just take my word for it, this makes quite interesting reading, or you could try this one, or this one, or this one, or run a search of your own.

Latest posts

Back