W Wherry FG: 1.010 but still bubbling slightly - finshed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamJohn

Reaction score
Hi,

My Woodforde's Wherry has been in the FV for 15 days. It is still bubbling through the air lock every now and again - certainly not as often as it was. I tested the gravity just now and it has come out at about 1.010, as far as I can make it out. Is it ready for bottling now? I think the FG is correct... but unsure as still something going on throught the air lock.

Also... There is quite a lot of flaky bits of sediment floating on the top as well as some old foam. when I ladled out into the trial jar a fair bit came with it. apart from that it is looking fairly clear. Is this what it is meant to be like? If that was floating around in your pint it wouldn't look to pretty! Or maybe (hopefully) when I rack off into my bottling bucket it will get rid of most of it?

Thanks for your help/ advice!

Always be guided by the hydrometer, not the airlock. If the gravity has been constant for 3 days then you can be sure it's safe to bottle.

I did a Wherry as my first brew recently and was quite puzzled by this. I was getting an airlock blip every 20 seconds even after three weeks. I trusted in my hydrometer, which remained constant between 14 and 21 days. I've not had any bottle bombs and they've been conditioning for 5 weeks now.

Latest posts

Back