Weather Station

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, just wondered if anyone has a weather station at home? I have a ClimeMet weather station which broke in the summer and am looking for another, it needs to be wireless, have 25m range, and be able to give me temp, wind speed etc. Realistically not looking to pay more than £150.
I've been running a Davis Vantage Vue for about 5 years. After an initial 10 minutes set up, it hasn't missed a beat since.
Worthwhile squeezing your budget a little higher if you can, or looking for a decent used example.

I've been running a Davis Vantage Vue for about 5 years. After an initial 10 minutes set up, it hasn't missed a beat since.
Worthwhile squeezing your budget a little higher if you can, or looking for a decent used example.

I had a Davis Vantage ProII for many years. I had to replace it after it suffered some damage when moving house a few years back. I ended up getting the WeatherFlow Smartweather station (now called Tempest apparently).

643x0w.jpg

It's much easier to maintain and the software is very easy to use. You can use the dedicated app or the website to track the conditions, plus it works with my Alexa too.

I can look at the conditions at home from anywhere here

I had a Davis Vantage ProII for many years. I had to replace it after it suffered some damage when moving house a few years back. I ended up getting the WeatherFlow Smartweather station (now called Tempest apparently).

643x0w.jpg

It's much easier to maintain and the software is very easy to use. You can use the dedicated app or the website to track the conditions, plus it works with my Alexa too.

Looks good, where did you get that one from? The US site doesn't 'do' international shipping.

Looks good, where did you get that one from? The US site doesn't 'do' international shipping.

Well, I got mine direct when it was launched as a Kickstarter campaign. Although WeatherFlow is a US firm I know it was made and shipped from China. I see the site says "Only ships to the US at this time". Whether this is a COVID thing I don't know, but there is a link to get them to email you when it's available in your region.

Well, I got mine direct when it was launched as a Kickstarter campaign. Although WeatherFlow is a US firm I know it was made and shipped from China. I see the site says "Only ships to the US at this time". Whether this is a COVID thing I don't know, but there is a link to get them to email you when it's available in your region.

Cheers mate, didn't see that, i'll drop 'em an email.

I have an odd fascination with statistics.... that and we have some good weather here in Cornwall, it's not so much the rain it's wind im more interested in. I realise i could put my head out of the window but...

have you checked out windy.com you might like it if you like wind (and other stats)

643x0w.jpg

Looks good, although I'm struggling to work out how it can measure wind speed and direction without a conventional anemometer / wind vane.

Back