What am i doing wrong ( Corny Carbonation)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Boilerman

Reaction score
Hi guys. As the title says really. What am i doing wrong?

I am using cornys for the first time. I did 2 brews and secondary fermentation. All was good. I have now (2 weeks ago). I transferred the brews to the cleaned and sanitized cornys. I then connected up my gas bottle (pub style 70/30 mix) regulator etc and set the pressure to between 20 - 30 psi. Now for 2 weeks it has all been sitting in the cool and now cold garage. I went out this evening to see how it was coming along and it is still as flat as a pancake.

I am wondering if it is too late to prime with fermentables ( if so how much? they are a draught and a pilsner) as i am stuck with what i am doing wrong. :wha:

Any help would be much appreciated.

hi there have you checked your keg and all your gas lines for gas leaks you should have some caronation after this time

What are you using to carbonate is it a mixed gas or pure co2
I would spray soapy water on all your connecrions and check for pressure leaks i have my kegs set at 9 psi

I would not prime them, as others have said look for leaks. If you disconnect the gas line from the corny and turn the gas off if there is a leak the reg will go back to zero over time so this will test your lines, mine currently goes to zero over 24 hours but I am currently hitting my kegs with 40-60 psi every 12-24 hours to carbonate. I will fix this next time my fridge is empty.

Brewing Boilerman said:
connected up my gas bottle (pub style 70/30 mix) regulator etc and set the pressure to between 20 - 30 psi.
:doh:

Is that 70% CO2? Or as I suspect 70% nitrogen? If that is the case there is your issue.

Well i asked for a bottle of 70/30. 70 co2 and 30 nitrogen. on the little tag it say 30/70. Is it a possibility this is 70 nitro and 30 co2 do we think?

Are you leaving it connected all the time or did you just pressure it up then turn the gas off. I carb up at 10 psi but only use CO2 as I am not a fan of nitro in beer.

Latest posts

Back