What are you listening to?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dennisking said:
snail59 said:
dennisking said:
Went to see John Mayall last night - brilliant

With or Without the Blues Breakers??.

He has a new band, all American, the bass played is possibly the best I've ever seen, only looks about 16 years old but did 2 bass solos which got a big deserved ovation. Any blues lovers should try and catch him on this tour.

Will have a look and see if he has any dates near to me :thumb:

[quote="snail59]
Will have a look and see if he has any dates near to me :thumb:[/quote]

Just had a look and he is in Peterborough on Nov 28th at the Market Hall. Great thinks I Peterborough only 45min drive from me but cant think where the Market Hall is. So I check the details by clicking on the venue details on the tour dates page. George Street North :hmm: near the river :hmm: George Street :hmm: still not ringing any bells hang on just let me have another look at those details argh I see so that would be Peterborough in ONTERIO CANADA then :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have some of his early albums with The Blues Breakers (Eric Clapton era) but have to say not listened to any of his more recent stuff :hmm: time for a you tube evening I think :thumb:

lagerlout said:
Probably the youngest person in the country to be listening to Camel :lol: Also Caravan, Wishbone Ash, early Yes etc.

Check out the instrumental part of this one :party:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wN89VZGz8s

Don't know your age but I saw all those bands, apart from Yes, in the early 70's, top musicians. Caravan are one of my all time favorites, they also had the best album title ever, If I could do it all again I would do it all over you.

dennisking said:
lagerlout said:
Probably the youngest person in the country to be listening to Camel :lol: Also Caravan, Wishbone Ash, early Yes etc.

Check out the instrumental part of this one :party:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wN89VZGz8s

Don't know your age but I saw all those bands, apart from Yes, in the early 70's, top musicians. Caravan are one of my all time favorites, they also had the best album title ever, If I could do it all again I would do it all over you.

Would have been fantastic to see them back then. I was born in 1979 and have only recently got into that stuff, tho I was aware of some of the bands from that era as my dad played the records when I was growing up. Now many of his old LPs live with me :D

Listening to the Clash ,Super Black Market re release w/extra tracks etc...reminds me ,picking up a car tomorrow for a long drive....must take cd !

And yes ,did see them first time around and never stopped listening :D

What....no Venom ? "lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll......ooooaaarrrrgghhh....BLACK METAL !!!!" :party: :party:

Ge'ddon ! "See me coming with my wagon train " !! Excellent choice , everything from peckham days of Kirk Brandon & the Pack of Lies onwards.....bought a new TOH T shirt recently as old ones had worn out :thumb:

I know ! Have seen the state of Mick Jones and Tony James recently ? They look like someones grandad from when we was kids :shock: At least Kirk has the excuse that he has been severely ill for years

Latest posts

Back