What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having truly got the mojo back and up and running..yesterday I sorted out my empty bottles..selected 100 and set about cleaning.
They got soaked and brushed and all left overnight full of oxi solution.
Today they've been brushed out again, rinsed,sterilised and filled!
44..Tribute #9.
46...German wheat.
I'm now crunching the numbers for tomorrow's brew which is a Punk IPA clone with CML Punk'd Up hop mix,of which I have 325g to play with!
I'm drinking the bottling dregs now and shall shortly prep a curry..phew!

20230421_145127.jpg

Punk..done! At least 2 points over target gravity.

Currently brewing a low carb lager, I called it boring lager on my site, I'm not a lager fan, but a mate requested it as he doesn't drink anything but lager, don't get me wrong, lagers not bad, I'm just more into craft...... but i am looking forward to seeing if I can pull off this low carb version.

It's boiling as I type

Greg Hughes ESB ale, although without the Ringwood yeast as that didn't survive 16 month in the fridge whilst life's events distracted me from brewing. Very pleased with my Peco Electrim mashing bin that the nice folk at WickedBrewing.uk gave me a very generous deal on - may not be uber-sophisticated but has got me back in the saddle.

Today I brewed an ESB with Fuggles and Goldings. Also gave my fridges, beer lines and other kit a spring clean.

18L batch
BIAB (no sparge)
24L total water

ABV 5.4%
OG 1.054
FG 1.013
EBC 25.4
IBU 40

Maris Otter 3.4Kg
Cara Malt 350gm
Dark Crystal 150gm
Chocolate 50gm

Fuggles 20gm 60mins
Fuggles 20gm 15mins
Goldings 10gm 15mins

Fuggles 40gm hopstand @ 80c 60mins
Goldings 40gm " " "

Goldings 50gm dry hop

Got the 18L at 1.058, 4 points over and pitched Nottingham at 19c.
First time the brewfridge has had any use this year, got a pale ale
using Kiwi hops planned next.
An enjoyably relaxed bank holiday, good to get my brewing mojo back !

Greg Hughes ESB ale, although without the Ringwood yeast as that didn't survive 16 month in the fridge whilst life's events distracted me from brewing. Very pleased with my Peco Electrim mashing bin that the nice folk at WickedBrewing.uk gave me a very generous deal on - may not be uber-sophisticated but has got me back in the saddle.
Starting gravity a bit short at 1048, but the Lallemand Windsor yeast a bit too efficient and achieved a FG of 1013. Risking the old faithful for this batch.IMG_20230503_011336_022.jpg

Imperial stout today. Big grain bill handled as an iterated mash, with the roasted grains steeped in cold water for 2 or 3 hours then added in for 10 minutes of the mash.

Had to co pitch a pack of 5 and a pack of Beoir as that was all I had available. But the brew day went well. 2 mashes didn't really push me much later than normal thanks to an early start.

Thinking about a vanilla and hazelnut finish for this one.

Imperial stout today. Big grain bill handled as an iterated mash, with the roasted grains steeped in cold water for 2 or 3 hours then added in for 10 minutes of the mash.

Had to co pitch a pack of 5 and a pack of Beoir as that was all I had available. But the brew day went well. 2 mashes didn't really push me much later than normal thanks to an early start.

Thinking about a vanilla and hazelnut finish for this one.
What numbers did you hit, I need to check the gravity on my attempt. I am thinking of adding coffee and vanilla

I got 1.080 out of it.

I suspect I could have had more had I not been a bit hash bash with my volumes. I sort of ended up with more of that 1.080 than I could use so a good couple of litres was tipped.

I got 1.080 out of it.

I suspect I could have had more had I not been a bit hash bash with my volumes. I sort of ended up with more of that 1.080 than I could use so a good couple of litres was tipped.
I felt all funny when I read this 🫣 pouring black gold away before it’s even had a chance at life. Oh dear god I need a sit down.
😂😂

Not brewed today, but I've finally finished conditioning my porter and chilled it for a couple nights, and I'm happy with it. Definitely paid for worse.

Latest posts

Back