Hello from Leeds

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob_walker99

Reaction score
How do!
I’m Bob, I brew some IPAs, British Ales and the odd lager. Varying degrees of success, still learning since starting in lockdown, and getting frustrated by one-way googling. I want to actually talk to some humans and share stories and ask questions.
I did kits as a teenager in the 80s then gave it up; started straight onto all grain when I picked it up again, only because I thought that’s what you did these days. Would like to try with a decent extract kit. I’m impatient and struggle keeping things the same between brews. I’m always trying to do something new before I’ve mastered something old. I’m my own worst enemy.
I’m about 20 batches in now, but I still feel like I’m guessing on loads of stuff, and making it up as I go along. Some of my brews have been really nice, some awful.

I’m impatient and struggle keeping things the same between brews. I’m always trying to do something new before I’ve mastered something old.

LOL, join the club. In many ways it is what it is all about. We're not here to produce beer commercially (which demands repeatability) and there is always a new style to brew.

Having said that if you brew something good make sure you have good notes so you can do it again.

Cheers.

welcome to the forum I am in Halifax busy building a Brewery if you want any help or chat just ask.

Welcome, I'm just a short hop below Leeds, so another northern brewer.
Nowt wrong with constantly changing, I think I did about 50 brews before I settled on some firm favourites. Even then, I still tweak the recipe each time i do it

Thanks for all the welcomes, northern and otherwise ;-) I’ve got a hazy IPA just finishing up in the fermzilla, I’m sure something will surprise, confuse or frustrate me before the week’s out 🤣

Eyup Bob, I'm from the north not Yorkshire but worked there, for far too lon......a while, so almost speak the language

On my 5th all grain so probably of little help, although I'm likely to try every brew in a different way so I'll be sure to post any empirical findings somewhere on here.

Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back