What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing :(

going on holiday next week so couldn't really but was tempted to do another smaller batch golden ale with some left over fuggles and EKG (I have an EKG honey golden ale at the minute and its really nice)

Might do it before I go and just leave it.

Bits and bobs stout sounds nice.. must get another stout on soon

Nothing :(

going on holiday next week so couldn't really but was tempted to do another smaller batch golden ale with some left over fuggles and EKG (I have an EKG honey golden ale at the minute and its really nice)

Might do it before I go and just leave it.

Bits and bobs stout sounds nice.. must get another stout on soon

Had all kinds in it, Amber malt, wheat malt, melaoidin malt, smoked malt. As well as normal stout malts. I used geterbrewed's stout ale maltas the base malt. No idea whether it'l make any difference

Had all kinds in it, Amber malt, wheat malt, melaoidin malt, smoked malt. As well as normal stout malts. I used geterbrewed's stout ale maltas the base malt. No idea whether it'l make any difference

I like those brew days.. a bit of improvised recipe, some turn out to be brilliant some a bit meh.

Nothing as we thought it would be a good idea to spend 7hrs on the M5 instead :doh:

But before we left I managed to bottle my latest ruby which smelt absolutely divine after I dry hopped with EKG, styrian and liberty

Slightly tweaked from a recipe I mentioned earlier as the Saaz has 3% Alpha, not 4%

Czech/ Bohemian Pilsner

4kg Bohemian Pilsner Malt
250g Carapils

80g Saaz 60 mins
25g Saaz 15 mins

Whirfloc

2 x Sachets M84 Bohemian Lager Yeast

Also my first time using my fermentation chamber ie. fridge.

I like those brew days.. a bit of improvised recipe, some turn out to be brilliant some a bit meh.

The sweet wort tasted really nice. I'm hopeful for this brew.

Next week I'm cleaning out the hop odds and sods from my freezer. I'll be making a pseudo lager with 7 different hops. God knows what it'll taste like :lol:

The sweet wort tasted really nice. I'm hopeful for this brew.

Next week I'm cleaning out the hop odds and sods from my freezer. I'll be making a pseudo lager with 7 different hops. God knows what it'll taste like :lol:

a Tropical, earthy grapefruity spicey pineapple lychee lager

Today I did the Cornish Tin Miner's Ale from Greg Hughes' book. Some changes were:

No Caramunich, oddly enough (:lol:), so Caramalt instead.
Hop schedule was 20g Herkules for bittering, then used the last 35g of a Bramling Cross and about 27g of First Gold, half of each at 15 mins and 0 mins.
Used a new, dry sachet of US 05. As the temp at nearly 6 hours after pitching is still 26C, maybe that is for the best.

I may have under-chilled this one, but have every confidence that it will be OK.

Nothing today, but yesterday I did my first extract brew. I had to improvise a bit as my stock pot was smaller than I thought, but I am currently waiting for my HBC blonde ale to start fermenting.

Today I did the Cornish Tin Miner's Ale from Greg Hughes' book. Some changes were:

Hop schedule was 20g Herkules for bittering, then used the last 35g of a Bramling Cross and about 27g of First Gold, half of each at 15 mins and 0 mins.
Used a new, dry sachet of US 05. As the temp at nearly 6 hours after pitching is still 26C, maybe that is for the best.

I may have under-chilled this one, but have every confidence that it will be OK.

I quite liked the look of that one and aim to have a bash myself at some point

It will be quite some time before I can give informative feedback, but the GH recipes are fairly reliable, even if tweaked a bit.

I've also has my eye on this one for ages. I think it's the biscuit malt that I like the idea of trying/tasting

Latest posts

Back