What did you do today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I climbed a mountain and spent the day wondering around quite literally with my head in the clouds!

:thumb:

30251015412_f43cd1819e_k.jpg

30070643280_a2e451c5c4_k.jpg

I moved the winters Logs under cover, all 12 tons of them, was nice working away with the kids though.

Also bottled two brews, Milestones Shine-on, with 20gm of cascade for a dry hop and a brewferm Diabolo. this ones for tucking away to next year. clean the Fv's and popped on a Canadian Blonde and a stout, with treacle, extra dark DME and some sugar to make up the ABV.

Hey brumbrew
I do a bit of dirt fishing...you find much? Use the Etrac myself. .

Cheers

Clint

Shrapnel from the old AAA gun on the hill. A few modern coins. A 1741 geroge penny. A pen knife and about 30 cans.

Garret ace for me. Or should that be the garret aluminium can extractor. ;-)

What's your best stuff? My mate found a very old cow bell

Nowt wrong with the garrett. ..I got my Euroace as back up. If it's there you'll find it...the only place you'll struggle with that is wet salt beach.

Cheers

Clint

Transfered my first AG brew to a clean FV. FG tested at 1.004, ABV 6.4% - well impressed with that - so saved the trub in 3 jam jars, incase I feel the urge to use it again. It's now cold crashing in the brewfridge. Tastes OK, no off flavours, all good......so treated myself to a cuppa and a chocolate digestive..!

Shrapnel from the old AAA gun on the hill. A few modern coins. A 1741 geroge penny. A pen knife and about 30 cans.

Garret ace for me. Or should that be the garret aluminium can extractor. ;-)

What's your best stuff? My mate found a very old cow bell

Is that a bell belonging to a very old cow?

Fitting a kitchen for 80 year old mother in law who is 4 ft 11 inches tall so all cupboards and benches are not standard height.

Meant to be a quick job now into 4th week so no brewing for almost a month!

Fitting a kitchen for 80 year old mother in law who is 4 ft 11 inches tall so all cupboards and benches are not standard height.

Meant to be a quick job now into 4th week so no brewing for almost a month!
Good on yer..thats a tough one.
Did an Old Speckled Hen clone, nicked off this forum I think,
just pithched the yeast so looking forward to seeing how this one works out.

Spent most of the day metal detecting. ..looking for lost parts of a muck spreader for a farmer friend. We searched the field in question for hours...and came away defeated! I said I bet they're in the muck spreader. ...we walked back,he shovelled out the muck from the bottom and I scanned it...found 7 out of 8! A nice cup of tea in the farmhouse with his old dear and a box of eggs I watched him pick seen me home!

Cheers

Clint

Spent most of the day metal detecting. ..looking for lost parts of a muck spreader for a farmer friend. We searched the field in question for hours...and came away defeated! I said I bet they're in the muck spreader. ...we walked back,he shovelled out the muck from the bottom and I scanned it...found 7 out of 8! A nice cup of tea in the farmhouse with his old dear and a box of eggs I watched him pick seen me home!

Cheers

Clint
nice one Clint

Today I went on a mushroom foray day with john Wright from river cottage fame in the new forest.

64 species found. Not all edible, but plenty that were. Including the huge cep's that were found.

He is a legend and an all round good bloke.

Nice!

Mushrooms (and fungii in general) are one of my interests. It's a very nice selection that you harvested I must say. I could only wish to have so many good tasting varieties in the forest I live next to.

Frying them up together was a waste though. I can imagine it was practical for the group, but some of those really deserved to be sautéed with a good piece of beef or game.

If you enjoyed it, you can relatively easily grow some yourself. If you ever like to give it a try I'm more than happy to get you started.

Unfortunately the best ones (morelle and chantarelle) are very hard to cultivate.

Today...watching the postman..and getting ready for the grainfather arrival 2morro...research n research..went shopping for more beer bottles...
Now chilling with YouTube on the craptop whilst our lass watch utter **** on the tv
Atb
Bri

Nice!

Mushrooms (and fungii in general) are one of my interests. It's a very nice selection that you harvested I must say. I could only wish to have so many good tasting varieties in the forest I live next to.

Frying them up together was a waste though. I can imagine it was practical for the group, but some of those really deserved to be sautéed with a good piece of beef or game.

If you enjoyed it, you can relatively easily grow some yourself. If you ever like to give it a try I'm more than happy to get you started.

Unfortunately the best ones (morelle and chantarelle) are very hard to cultivate.

It was an awesome experience. And one I would recommend to anyone else to do.

Now that is very interesting about growing your own. What varieties can you grow? I've done oyster mushrooms from boxes before, but nothing else.

Do tell me more........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today...watching the postman..and getting ready for the grainfather arrival 2morro...research n research..went shopping for more beer bottles...
Now chilling with YouTube on the craptop whilst our lass watch utter **** on the tv
Atb
Bri

Shiney excitement, shiney excitement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to work, had a meeting with a lighting rep and got showed how to use Relux(lighting design software).

Find any liberty caps?

Reactions: Tau
I nursed a hangover. ..fried eggs,tomatoes and a pack of thick cut dry cure bacon,lots of tea ....kids in school wife working til dinner time. ..snoozing on the sofa with two of my dogs. Done sod all, all day!
I now feel fine and I am sampling some wheat beer and warming the curry I made last night but was too smashed to eat...I was sitting there quaffing a few brews then all of a sudden. ..hammered!

Cheers

Clint

Back