What I'm drinking tonight

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerwegoagain

Seeking wisdom. Found beer.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evening all.
My first post so I'm not sure of any protocol currently it even how to do posts etc. If your phone/pc explodes don't blame me.
Tonight I cracked the seal on my pimped Golden Stag pale from Festival. Lovely! The underlying ale is very nice but I've pimped it with a lot of mango and some lactose. Despite the pained looks and cries of HEATHEN! I like it. Been kegged and chilling for a good month, murky like pond water but the mango pulp is to blame there. Didn't even attempt to clear it. Delicious if you like mango. Touch of sour mango if you go hunting for it despite 500g of lactose in 40 pints but it's 95% a mango pale with a great mouthfeel.
Building the courage and equipment to move to partial then all grain. Got a London Pride clone to try next. Won't mess with that. Pride is not to be tinkered with.
By then way I'm a bus driver from Poole, Dorset currently getting over heart surgery so no busses this summer. Use the site for info a lot do thanks for all the advice so far.

Attachments

• DSC_0255.JPG
    DSC_0255.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
BLUDDIE HEATHEN!!!
This is a beer not a soft drinks forum.

Welcome. The Poole beer festival was always my favourite. I might actually make it again this year.
Just heard that yellow buses have gone titts upp so I hope you're Wilts and Dorset or whatever they call themselves now.
Look forward to hearing your adventures.

Yes I'm W&D or More Bus as it says on the tin. Still paid by W&D.

I apologise for the beer but it really is refreshing in the sun, with friends, talking....about stuff.

I do love proper beer honest. Think after the London Pride I may attempt Old Peculiar. Kill or cure really

Another here with a dodgy ticker, i recently had 2 stents fitted learning to cut down is real hard athumb.. :beer1:
Fortunately as a bus driver I didn't generally imbibe during the week just a little at weekends (drive mostly at the university mon-fri). They replaced my aortic valve rest of the plumbing was ok so not so strict on the diet but one must be careful agreed. Single malt is apparently good for the heart according to something I read. 🤔. So is a good stout, IPA, pale, porter, brown.......

Latest posts

Back