What is your fave snack for munching with beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedaronics

Reaction score
I was thinking along the lines of:

peanuts - what type? Roasted, ready salted? KP? Big D?
sweets? flumps?, toffee crisp?
Other kind of salty/savoury thing in a packet? Crisps?

Peanuts. Salted, Dry roasted, or those KP Chilli bad boys!
Crisps. But only good ones, Tyrrells, Red Sky etc.

Who said pork pies? Melton Mowbray's (or my local farm shop's) with a smear of dijon mustard and a decent pint...

...bugger! I'm hungry now!

All the above about cut it. Note and again I'll just chomp on some sweets with it, but 90% of time would be crisps, nuts (honey glazed cashews are nice), out pork pie or ham...

If in in a pub then usually just crisps.
Meantime Pub in Greenwich sells LARGE pots of pistachio nuts for a couple of quid, went down very well with their Yakama Red :thumb:

has to be savory and not sweet for me, pork scratching as brilliant but after a kilo they get a little much, lol.

we normally drink and then have munch time around 9 ish so if we are sobber enough its pizzia or we just rip open a bag of some thing,

just started to try pickling eggs as we have a surpless at the moment so we will try those later

+1 on the pork pies
-1 on the picked eggs

As far as I'm concerned, anything with vinegar should be kept 200 miles (minimum) from beer.

A nice bit of Stilton decent, pickles (made from my own malt vinegar) and pork scratchings but proper ones from the butcher.

Back