what suppliers do we use

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother and me go to The Wine Loft in St Helens. The ladies there are really friendly and what they don't know about brewing you can write on the back of a stamp. They'll even weigh out your grain bill and hops if you call ahead with your recipe

I started off with BrewUK but switched to THBC. Much cheaper, but mainly because I get Hook Head pale malt from them. I kind of like the idea that if I go up the mountain behind my house on a clear day I can actually see Hook Head across the Irish sea.

I have to buy almost everything online since the homebrew shop in Stockport closed a year or so ago. There is a local micro-brewery and bar in Bramhall village called The Mounting Stone which sells some grain, hops and yeasts from CML. I've bought hops and yeast there, but they don't sell uncrushed grain, so I have to buy that elsewhere I have used Brew UK and Get 'Er Brewed mostly because they sell uncrushed grain. They both give a good delivery service with feedback/updates. I've recently started buying a few smaller items (hops yeast etc) from CML because they offer free delivery which is worthwhile on smaller, lighter weight items.

CD if you're on Dartmoor check out Tuckers malt in Crediton, i used to buy from there maltings in Newton Abbot but it's closed but now they get their malt from Warminster and sell in Crediton. I got a bag of MO delivered to Newton Abbot for free and it only cost £24 for 25kg.
I used to get my malt from Tuckers Maltings, too. I was very sorry to hear they'd thrown in the towel. They used to have an exellent beer festival and bottle shop there, too.

I like the way Geterbrewed do things: a kilo of malt costs one twentyfifth the price of a full sack of malt, for example. I like the way they sell the bulk hops, too. Watch out for their crystal malt designations, though, as Crisps would seem to be different from anyone else. When I can't get what I want fro GEB, I go to THBC. Again excellent prices and service and I like their Hookhead malt, too. I started with Malt Miller and BrewUK, but they've priced themselves out of the market as far as I'm concerned.

I used a local HB shop once. It was my first attempt at AG, or at least it was supposed to be. I‘d bought a Peco boiler for BIAB and went to my local HBS with a list of ingredients I wanted but the owner convinced me I should do extract first so I walked out of there with pale malt extract, holdings hops and a bag of crushed crystal malt and ale yeast. When I got home I realised the crystal malt had gone out of date over a year ago. I phoned him to say so and was told “ah don’t worry, it’s fine well past the sell by date”. I now get all my stuff online.

I used to get my malt from Tuckers Maltings, too. I was very sorry to hear they'd thrown in the towel. They used to have an exellent beer festival and bottle shop there, too.

I like the way Geterbrewed do things: a kilo of malt costs one twentyfifth the price of a full sack of malt, for example. I like the way they sell the bulk hops, too. Watch out for their crystal malt designations, though, as Crisps would seem to be different from anyone else. When I can't get what I want fro GEB, I go to THBC. Again excellent prices and service and I like their Hookhead malt, too. I started with Malt Miller and BrewUK, but they've priced themselves out of the market as far as I'm concerned.
The bottle shop is still there but not sure on the beer festival.

Latest posts

Back