What things have you made?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlliesDad

Reaction score
This is about brewing really but I couldn't think where else to put it?

Like any hobby / interest / way-of-life brewing can become costly especially if one invests in all the available accessories, gizmos, not-really-necessary add-ons etc.

I have been looking at bottle drainers and came across a bunch of ideas for "homemade" versions.

As brewers seem to be a resourceful bunch I was wonder what bits and pieces people had made for themselves?

I extender my racking cane by adding half of another (the solid bit) i joined them using a sleeve made from a short piece of syphon tube it makes racking from a FV much easier.

I also use a little bottler (i took the tube off the tap) on the end of the syphon tube which makes bottling much easier and less messy (i don't have a tap on my FV and prefer it that way)

file.jpg

Home made HLT, Mash Tun & Boiler, not hard stuff but satisfying, STC based temp controller, cheap stir plate, think that's about it so far, but the brain is always ticking over what's next :-)

Back