What yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcusp

Reaction score
I've finally got all my equipment for my first biab and plan on doing my first brews over the weekend.
I would like to do two recipes out of gw book namely Timothy Taylor landlord and old peculiar.

There is no mention on what yeast to use and I would like to use a liquid yeast either wyeast or white labs.

Can anyone help with which yeasts to get for these two brews that will duplicate the originals as near as possible

I've been experimenting with different English yeasts from Wyeast. I really like Wyeast 1469 (West Yorkshire Ale). I've used that in the GW Timothy Taylor and it's very nice.

My current beer is Boddingtons Bitter (also from GW) and I'm using Wyeast 1318 (London Ale III) and I'm very pleased so far.

Thanks for suggestions for the tt guys.
Anyone got any advice re the old peculiar ?

I tried doing some research around it and I see people recommending Muntons. Some use Notty.

I don't think you will ever truly replicate a commercial beer. They often have their own strains of house yeast that produce the flavours they are looking for in their beers. They have different equipment and procedures. I think it's a noble effort to try to reproduce a beer but I think you just need to be realistic about it.

Back