Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allgates "Caskablanka" (last night)

Oh my poor head...

15501743.jpg

Oh YES! After 2 weeks in the sun with nothing to drink but l*g*r :cheers:
I'm home and have a proper ale which actually tastes of something. :drink:

I suppose that in a hot climate a cold litre of Dorada, Estrella or similar quenches the thirst admirably, but it's good to be home (at least until tomorrow when I'm back to w**k :( )

Got back from my long weekend in the lakes and stopped at booths going and coming back!
got a case of 12 Adnams Bitter for £12 on way up!!
on way down i got some single bottles so tonight i've had a Little Valley's hebden wheat(it was lemony and good!!!) now on a Wentworth imperial ale!! :thumb:

Went out and had Northern All-niter, Budvar Dark Lager, Erdinger and something with a stag on the pump clip, then home and a Leffe Blonde and a homebrew in front of Old School.

Maplemoon from Morrison's... Tastes really nice to my untrained taste buds, pick up a bottle and tell me what you think, would be interesting to see what my opinion on ales is like compared to those who've been home brewing etc for a while :cheers:

Called Maple moond, Joseph Holt of manchester and has a glowing tree on the sticker. Any one else up at 20 to 1 on a tuesday morning drinking by them self? :drunk:

Tapped a cornie of TANKED UP went with the Nottingham fermented one, mouthfeel it's the best i've done so far - without a doubt - will stick with similar grists in the future, hop's are good but maybe not in keeping with the beer - next time i'll lower the IBU's and drop the aroma hops, this could be a good session beer then.

Wez said:
Tapped a cornie of TANKED UP went with the Nottingham fermented one, mouthfeel it's the best i've done so far - without a doubt - will stick with similar grists in the future, hop's are good but maybe not in keeping with the beer - next time i'll lower the IBU's and drop the aroma hops, this could be a good session beer then.
Any sign of the Windsor clearing Wez :wha:

I mentioned to the chaps on the chat room that I had some old home made wine in the garage. I had kind of forgot it was there but I found it again when I tidying the garage for the new brewing season.

So tonight I uncorked a bottle of 2004 Bramble Wine. Its actually quite nice, it has managed to gain a slight fizz that was completely unintentional but quite welcome. I would probably prefer it with a little more concentration of flavour but all in all not a bad effort. However as luck would have it I remembered about a small bottle of Creme du Mures (French Bramble Liqueur my mum brought me back from holiday a while back) and if I just add a dash into the wine if really improves the body and depth.

Now I also have a single bottle of Beaverdale Gewurztraminer, more bramble wine, raspberry wine and finally some apple and elderflower wine - all from 2004 (my wine making year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back