whats going on??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obaldy1

Reaction score
:eek: i have had a wilco blonde lager in the FV for 8 days now and its still bubbling away like mad, i used normal granulated for the first time cos i read it on here and i had run out of brewing sugar, could that be a cause?? :wha:

dont worry about it, leave it another week,. Could easily be the yeast took more time to start up and get established.

only difference in using table sugar is the yeast need to break it into a more digestable form before consuming it, so it can take nominally longer to ferment

Im sure u dont but...Just dont pull the lid and hang your head over the beer tho as while u do all sorts of stuff falls off your head, (even if a slap ed like me) if you NEED to peek inside lift the lid a bit and peer in from the side..

Also take a gravity reading from a sample, a clean turkey baster is easy to sanitise to draw small samples when no tap is fitted to the fv.

if its just a slower ferment the gravity should be above or about the 1010 level.

the kit instructions should give you target OG and FG levels as a guideline.

thanks for that, fellow slap ed! would you 2nd ferment after another week or finings in two days before bottling or just bottle? i normally brew for a week and a half then 2nd ferment for a week

Agree with taking a gravity reading. If you're talking about airlock bubbles (and your FV is airtight) then it could have finished and just be degassing. I've had that in DJs before.

3 days stable SG, stand cold for 2 or 3 days (in a second FV if you can be bothered), prime and package.

Back