What's in a name?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey all
Now with some of the names in here it is quite easy to guess the origin, like mine :D or rickthebrew etc.

On the other hand there are names like muddydisco. Now until the weekend and while having a conversation in the chat room, I thought MD ran a nightclub in an old cowshed :oops: I know better now :D

So .. would anyone care to explain the reasoning behind their name, or just share their real name?

I'll start :D

My name is Tony :eek:

Simples.....Real name John :thumb:
I chose "BarnsleyBrewer" from't tarn near where I live. ;)
BB

The origin of my alias is lost in the mists of time :lol:

prolix, because people regret asking me questions after the first 5 or so minutes of explaination.

Real name Michael

Hi Tony, bet you can't guess why mine was chosen :wha:. No really. I hardly ever swear :nono: .
My name, Toni :thumb:

My real name's Adrian.

Wife-to-be was reading Adrian Mole when we first met and it just stuck.

I've never particularly liked my real name and rarely use it in full, so I was quite glad to get rid of it.

My name is Paul,

this one just came from another userid, its not clever or funny I just struggle to remember too many... :wha:

Real Name Shane

Unclepumble is a shortening of Unclepumblechook, who is a Charles Dickens character from I think Great Expectations.

I use it because its pretty unused by anyone else on the net & I don't have to think of something new every time I need to sign up to something on the internet.

UP

Hi,
Real name is Ken,i use fermentall as i like to ferment and i was once mental but i'm alright NOooooooWwwwoooo.
No honestly just liked the avatar.

I was using one on another brewing forum which is already in use "Ale Man", Great minds I suppose, when I joined here, and JBK previously I had to think of another, saw the add Phones4U and decided Bru4u will do nicely, I prefer Bru for friends :D I don't however have any fancy hand jesture like on the add :P
My real name is Gordon

Real name is Mick.

snail59 comes from when I raced motorbikes. The team was called SNAILPACE RACING and race number was 59 the name snail has kind of stuck and most people who know me from racing probably couldnt tell you my real name :D

Muddy Disco Is a Muddy Discovery cos I offroad Landrovers

Nick is my real name

And seems this feels like a help group meeting, I'm a Alcoholic

There I've said it, I feel so much better.

Drink!

I had two nicknames at School, Wez is the only one of which i'm prepared to tell you.... :D

My real name though is Wez :lol:

Didgeman plays the amazing didge.

Was given the name Terence -yuk -so Terry is fine, thanks

Latest posts

Back