What's in a name?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine comes from my last name SMITH

As a young lad at the the age of 5 or 6 I was called SMITHY, then some bright spark said SMOTHY which gradually changed to SMODDY then shortened to SMOD. Stuck ever since.

My real name's Adrian. I did get stick when Adrian Mole came out but unlike Moley I happen to like my name.

:thumb:

My name's Smith too ... used to get called Smut.

My brother's name is Adrian Smith :D

Well .. after starting this ... nice to know the stories and the names folks!
:cheers:

Mine is from a song title from an album by Richard James and mike paradinas called expert knob twiddlers. I bet none of you are any the wiser. I've been using mrfrosty for about 15 years on t'web. Real name is Rob :)

Tony said:
My name's Smith too ... used to get called Smut.

My brother's name is Adrian Smith :D

Well .. after starting this ... nice to know the stories and the names folks!

Also, when I worked in the kitchens at a golf course restaurant the chef was an Iron Maiden fan. Whilst working there my nickname was Iron Maiden as Adrian Smith is the lead guitarist. :cheers:

wow how late have i joined in
Aaron Baker
yes i am a bit of a muppet a rum loving muppet
now where is the pussers?

Eggman because i used to shave my head and my mates reckoned my head looked like an egg, 15 years later i still get called egg.
My real name's jon :cheers:

Well no prizes for guessing my real name. Simon

But kidder come from a nick name for my older brother and as a kid I used it in my email address. I've had the same email addy ever since so I use it on most things so I remember it.

Well believe it or not ... my real name isn't Cheers , i just like to be a bit of a rebel and throw a spanner in the works ,
Regards Dave Mack

1.gif

He used to live in the same village as me, one of his album covers was shot where I walk the dog, not much of a claim to fame :oops:

haha! When i was a little boy (not long ago actually.. since i was born in 1993) Donovan (Donovan Philips Leitch) was around my mums friend's house because they grew up together, and he sung me a song and aparently i ran out of the room crying, Not much of a claim to fame either!

My nickname - Peapodmaster

my middle name starts with a P so my older brother called me "P/Pea" then my mum called me peapod as a joke and then i needed a name for forums and games so "master"

Real name is Andy (Andrew) Pedyr (Cornish for Peter and "stone", half the people i know cant say it correctly) Noall(people always spell it wrong! :evil: ) (don't stalk me ! :rofl: )

My sister would have called me a big ejit as a term of endearment when I got upto any mischief and got caught.
Fell into the home brewing and thought it would be an idea to add the brew into the middle.

Real name Phil

I've been riding Orange mountain bikes for about 20 years. All my T-shirts and hoodys are bought from them and have large logo's on.
My friends just started calling me orange.

Neil

I just got fed up with random numbers after my name, so picked some I enjoyed.

For some odd reason I don't drink it so much anymore :wha:

On good old Usenet newsgroups I went through a whole slew of nicknames, especially the time I had a stalker. In a way you're lucky I didn't arrive here when I was still using Rapunzel Syndrome. I am older than a lot of peeps on the net, but equally, there are plenty of people my age or older around. When I started using oldbloke, people on the newsgroups I used seemed to like it, using it instead of my real name when they hadn't really done that with other nicknames, so it stuck.

Guess I'm late to this party too.

I was a computer science major at university and phettebs was my assigned user name. My real name is Barry but most call me Baz on here.

Latest posts

Back