What's in the Slow Cooker....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadfield

Landlord.
Reaction score
Adding to the Air fryer, BBQ, what are you cooking in the... threads.

Picked up some Lamb Henrys earlier and am now playing the 'will we be eating late?' game. Slow braised Lamb Ragu. Lamb, soffritto, anchovies, garlic, wine*, passata, bay, and fresh herbs.

* Actually Vermouth, more wine flavour from less liquid, which I find helps with a slow cooker.

Last edited:
I love corned beef hash done in the slow cooker *simple to make and tastes great.

* It needs to be if i make it :D

1677255633114.png

Funny enough the wife just bought another slow cooker plus a recipe book. The daughter is vegetarian so first up was the sweet potato, chickpea and spinach.
They excel with low and slow cheap cuts of meat, so it's great to see good veggy stuff.

We always preferred going away in the cooler months in our camper. No pictures but loved it in the winter when you’d come back from walking all day and the slow cooker was full of a delicious meal.
SWMBO used to work odd shifts so she would put the slow cooker on in the morning and I would come home from work to a ready meal, used to love the smell of the food when I opened the front door.

They excel with low and slow cheap cuts of meat, so it's great to see good veggy stuff.

A friend recommended we try skirt as it's cheap and works great in the slow cooker, I was sceptical having read reviews like the one below saying it's very lean and tough but it was lovely it fell to apart when you put your fork onto it and tastes great.

The skirt steak is a long and thin steak, cut from diaphragm of a cow. Because it comes from a particularly muscular area, the beef it produces is lean and relatively more tough than other more traditional cuts and slices of beef.

Any forum member want a really good FREE!!! fairly big slow cooker (YPPP)?

Hardly used. Just sitting there.It's a Morphy Richards 461007 6.5L 672-800W. I'll PAT test it first. We will never use it.

I now have pressure cookers and a SF stove with a really big oven. Any takers? (probs not right thread) but, it was good but we've moved on,,,,,

But I love my microwave pressure cooker,,,,,:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, i found the picture and details below i will put a thread in the limited offer forum.

• 800W
  • Capacity: 6.5L / working capacity: 5L
  • 3 cooking functions: low / medium / high
  • Separate cooking pot - pot can be used on the hob
  • Cool Touch handles for comfort and easy carrying
  • Cord storage in base / non-slip feet
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Fast stew function
  • 2 year guarantee
  • SKU: 5006333/1116-7047[8003]

1677325230065.png

That is a strange shape for a slow cooker.

I don't really have one I look on YouTube and followed them they vary a little but results are always good.

Any forum member want a really good FREE!!! fairly big slow cooker (YPPP)?

Hardly used. Just sitting there.It's a Morphy Richards 461007 6.5L 672-800W. I'll PAT test it first. We will never use it.

I now have pressure cookers and a SF stove with a really big oven. Any takers? (probs not right thread) but, it was good but we've moved on,,,,,

But I love my microwave pressure cooker,,,,,:cool:

Hey Druncan

That's exactly the type of slow cooker I've been looking for! Have you any idea how much p&p would be to mainland Yorkshire at all, assuming it's not been snapped up by someone else....

Cheers

MM

Still there,,,,ashock1 The base unit fits inside the SC bowl. so very compact. I'll switch it on and test it.

So please DM me your address and I'll box it up tomorrow and get a price! athumb..

Awesome stuff... I can do bank transfer or PayPal for the costs, whichever suits you best! DM inbound..

Thanks - I appreciate it a ton..

Latest posts

Back