Where do I clip this (pic shown)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmac

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone know what I do with this please

Attachments

• IMG_20210311_164009.jpg
    IMG_20210311_164009.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 41
I think it’s a hose clip to clip on the side of your bucket to hold the siphon tube.

It’s siphon clip. You put the tube through it lengthways and you squeeze it to keep the siphon closed. There are ridges that lock it in place (kinda) and stop it from opening again until you want to.

It can sometimes be difficult to squeeze the syphon tube through these - if you warm the tube up in hot tap water it softens it enough to make it a lot easier.

Anna

Thanks for all the replies I have syphoned it off without it didn't have any problems

Oh and it's useful to keep the clip fairly near the end of the tube as after you squeeze it closed all the fluid in the distal part of the tube may continue to drain.

Anna

I've never used one, but if you're having trouble squeezing it shut, replace it with a syphon that has a tap, cut a short piece of hose to fit over the tap to suck on to get the syphon going and then replace it with a piece longer than the height of your tallest bottle. This will stop splashing inside the bottle. As the bottle fills, start pulling the hose out of the bottle.

Oh and it's useful to keep the clip fairly near the end of the tube as after you squeeze it closed all the fluid in the distal part of the tube may continue to drain.

Anna
I syphoned off some turbo cider and my wand won't attach to my Syphon tubing so the clip was a life saver

My starter kit came with a syphon that had a clip like that. I bought a syphon from Wilko for a few pounds and it has a little tap on the end. Much easier to use.

Latest posts

Back