Where there's a will there's a way

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moley

Regular.
Reaction score
Moley said:
Pepsi chiller cabinet, as seen in shops, cafes, etc., free to a good home.

Insulated aluminium box with double-glazed door. Refrigeration unit had failed (and has since been removed), which is why it was thrown out of the greasy spoon on our trading estate.

I thought it would make an ideal fermenting cabinet, so I brought it home.

Won't fit down my cellar, I don't want it up in the shed, and for some reason the wife won't allow it in the corner of the dining room. :wha: Strange creatures, these females.

60cm wide x 65cm deep x 186cm high.

196cm on the diagonal, and my cellar floor to ceiling is 192cm :evil:

Internal: 53cm wide x 52cm deep x 150cm high, 3 shelves, positions adjustable.

Seems a shame to give it to the tatters.
This offer has now been withdrawn. There was no immediate interest so I had a re-think.

Clearing passage down the cellar steps took a while, they are usually flanked by paint pots plus bottles and cans of pop, together with tools hanging on the walls.

Measuring up suggested that even if I got that cabinet down the steps it might not fit past the bottom step and around the corner.

Even if I did get it down the steps and around the corner, I wouldn't be able to stand it upright.

Removing the feet and rollers then sawing a couple of cm off the bottom back corners reduced the diagonal to something which would fit.

Gravity got it down the steps then some pulling and twisting and jiggling about plus much swearing and brute force got it around the corner.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Where there was a chop saw (terminally ill) there is now a baby pedestal drill and a vice:

PB12050701.jpg

Where there was a baby pedestal drill on a platform bolted to the wall there is now a Pepsi fermenting cabinet:

PB12050702.jpg

alanywiseman said:
Lesson learned!

If it doesn't fit take a saw to it :lol: :lol:
Well actually, there were three options: Dig up a couple of quarry tiles, knock a hole in the ceiling, or reduce the diagonal by about an inch. I think I chose the easiest option.

evanvine said:
How did you get the thing home in the first place?
I've got a 7-seat people carrier. That only just went in with all the back seats folded flat, but with back seats removed the load space is like a small van.

Back