Which is the best wort chiller?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have one of your chillers

• Total voters
I would not use JG fittings on a place chiller - they restrict the flow too much and are not rated for hot liquids. SS barbs to fit 1/2" silicon hose for wort and Hoselock type fittings for water - that's the way to go.

I would not use JG fittings on a place chiller - they restrict the flow too much and are not rated for hot liquids. SS barbs to fit 1/2" silicon hose for wort and Hoselock type fittings for water - that's the way to go.

Definitely, I use the stainless quick disconnects.

In general I agree but JG fittings are perfectly fine for hot water. You must have not done any DIY Speedfit plumbing.

This is a very fair point about the JG fittings! Its all I have in stock at the moment unfortunately but yes I need to get some in!

Latest posts

Back