Wild Weather Ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoon

Regular.
Reaction score
Just a quick shout out for Wild Weather Ales in Silchester.

SWMBO bought us a tour off groupon, and I have to say the beer's are excellent, especially so if you like them big and hoppy and although the lighter session ales are really excellent too, there's even the chance to taste the same beers back to back from casks and kegs which is nice.

All beers are a little hazy/unfiltered/unpasteurized, usual real ale session rules apply, avoid any egg or choritzzo based meals in the run-up.

Brewery tour itself was a 5 minute affair between beers, water goes in here, grain goes in there, hops in here, and yeast over there, now this next beer is an 8% stout............

Highly recommended if you can book into a tour or see their beers on tap anywhere.

They've got a beer in Wetherspoons nationally at the moment, I forget which. Although having said that of the 8 or so I drank* it wasn't the one I'd chose for a second pint.

Came back with 2x 2l growlers of Shepard's Warning IPA , so must be good :thumb:

*and the OH was driving so I had her share as well, which meant between 12 and 2 I'd had sufficient beer to render speech futile!

All beers are a little hazy/unfiltered/unpasteurized, usual real ale session rules apply, avoid any egg or choritzzo based meals in the run up

What do you mean no egg or chorizo?!
I've never heard that before!?

Eat a load of eggs, drink some particularly yeasty ales, and let your guts do the rest :p or maybe it's just that mine are particularly foul

Back