Wilkinson golden ale advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hughkinloch

Reaction score
I am brewing my first batch of beer in recent years and I have chosen the Wilkinson Golden ale.
The instructions suggest that it will achieve a SG of 1014 in 4 to 6 days. Mine has been on the go for 7 days and the SG is still about 1018. What should I do?
I think the temperature initially was closer to 17C but for the last coupls of days I have kept it at 20C.
It does smell good and has a reasonable taste even now..
Thoughts please?

Try and keep the temperature up and check it in a couple of days.

Matt

I have read in other threads to stir it again and give it a few days. Maybe someone more experienced can confirm this?

I would leave it for another 7 days if I were you. These kits always take longer than stated on the box. Leaving it longer will also help the beer to clear leaving you a bit less sediment when (if) you bottle :thumb:

I tend to leave in the FV for 2wks, sometimes I put into a secondary for 2wks in the cool, then I bottle/keg it and leave it in the warm for 1wk, then put in the cool and leave for a long as I can, and I've always had good results. Occasionally I might give it a stir, especially one like Wherry which does tend to get stuck sometimes, just trust your hydrometer

Latest posts

Back