Wilkinsons kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the one that did the wilkos cerveza review, I though that was ok but the sweet newkie brown surpasses it greatly.
The first newkie brown I did by the book, the second one in the fermenter now was made with 500g lme and 800g demerara and tastes and smells bloody gorgeous (just about to be bottled :D )

Steve said:
Just ordered a cerveza and velvet stout. I have 3 more brews on my to do list before these though (coopers stout, JB IPA, wherry) but couldn't resist. They won't be straight kits though they will be partials with some added grains and hops and any other experimental additions. I'm already thinking about possibly giving the stout sweeter flavours and the cerveza an amigos/desperados flavour as something different.

Oh and seen as I decided to order online I had to make the most of the postage and buy another DJ, after all I do have an airlock sat unused in it's packet :D.
THE_Liam said:
Called them and their sending it out with an extra free bag. Can't fault the service :)
Got home to a parcel today. Opened it to find 1 bubble wrapped DJ :wha: so decided it was too late (past 5) and I'd ring them tomorrow on my lunch. At 19:30 they rang me to apologise that the system hadn't updated the stock levels in time but I'll get the rest of my order when they're in stock :thumb:. It's almost like they knew I was waiting for the DJ so I could rack my cherryade.

A +1 for their service.

Seen the offer of free suger with the own brand kits and I'm really tempted. Did the pilsner before and it wasn't a bad drink. Not sure about doing the cerveza after doing the coppers one. Fancy doing the newkie brown and the velvet stout, and at that price can't see why I shouldn't.

brewing sugar appears to be back in stock although the velvet isn't yet, i went on and bought a copper bitter, lager and cerveza to keep the cornies topped up! 120 pints for 30 quid aint too bad!

Back