Wilko Mexican cervasa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue nose

Reaction score
Hi all any hop ideas for Wilko Mexican cervasa ,I have used saaz and citra before,I want to try something else ,a kronenburg hop taste Cheers

According to the font of all knowledge Wikipedia, a French aroma hop Strisselsplalt is used to in Kronenbourg. You are unlikely to obtain this in the UK even under normal conditions less so now. So your choice is more Saaz or perhaps Hallertau which are more in keeping with the style, or you go for a citrussy hop like you have used before. However I tried Endeavour in a very pale ale recently and it turned out really well and provided you don't overdo it might tick the box.

Last edited:
Bleach?
Sorry, couldn’t resist.
I read somewhere you could use Liberty,Hallertau,Admiral or Ahtanum.
This could of course be a load of nonsense
In fact Terrym knows way more than me so just ignore this

Bleach?
Sorry, couldn’t resist.
I read somewhere you could use Liberty,Hallertau,Admiral or Ahtanum.
This could of course be a load of nonsense
In fact Terrym knows way more than me so just ignore this
I used Admiral one as a dry hop once (then found out it's a bittering hop aheadbutt) and it took about 4 months before it became remotely drinkable. ashock1
And not so sure about the 'knowing me knowing you' stuff!:laugh8:

According to the font of all knowledge Wikipedia, a French aroma hop Strisselsplalt is used to in Kronenbourg. You are unlikely to obtain this in the UK even under normal conditions less so now. So your choice is more Saaz or perhaps Hallertau which are more in keeping with the style, or you go for a citrussy hop like you have used before. However I tried Endeavour in a very pale ale recently and it turned out really well and provided you don't overdo it might tick the box.

Im sure I've seen strisselspalt listed in a Online HBS stock. Can remember where though (Im not exactly being helpful here am I:laugh8: )

According to the font of all knowledge Wikipedia, a French aroma hop Strisselsplalt is used to in Kronenbourg. You are unlikely to obtain this in the UK even under normal conditions less so now.

The "good" shops like BrewUK used to have quite a good range of weird European hops - I don't know whether they've just been cleaned out at the moment or they're just not seeing much demand for it. I had some Aramis from them once which is a descendant of Strisselspalt and made beer that definitely tasted of Kronenbourg.

In terms of an alternative that's readily available, then Hersbrucker is the obvious option (may be listed as Hallertauer Hersbrucker by some shops) as it's probably the ancestor of Strisselspalt.

Latest posts

Back