Wilko 30bottle Italian white - demise of

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry Bloomfield

Regular.
Reaction score
Yep, I've read all the negative comments, perhaps I have no taste - but I quite liked it, as did everyone who I offered it to.... I've made it for a few years.

Now it is no longer available, I need to find an acceptable 30 bottle replacement kit. I read a hint that Munton had supplied it to Wilko, so I contacted Munton and they emailed back confirming they had supplied it, but it is not part of their own range, and since Wilko is no more, they no longer supply it. Wilko online, do still offer a 30 bottle medium dry white, but it's suggested to be not the same....

Can anyone suggest a kit, which is comparable, to the Wilko 30 bottle Italian white medium dry kit please?

If you have a Range store near you try the wine below its also rumoured to be made for them by Muntons and we rate their Red and Rose wines highly.

1709572561055.png

I have some of the white racked in demijohns.
Wife, youngest & my son's girlfriend said it tasted very nice when they tried the excess (1l or so that was left over going from big fermenter into demijohns)

If you have a Range store near you try the wine below its also rumoured to be made for them by Muntons and we rate their Red and Rose wines highly.

View attachment 96516

Thanks, that is the identical wine, to the one which Wilko online are offering. Guess I need to try it. I'd never heard of Range, but having just checked, there seems to be one around 4 miles away from me here.

Thanks, that is the identical wine, to the one which Wilko online are offering. Guess I need to try it. I'd never heard of Range, but having just checked, there seems to be one around 4 miles away from me here.
They fly off the shelves so dont be too disappointed if they dont have any in stock, we tend to pop in when we are in the next town on the off chance and are rarely disappointed.

I'd never heard of Range, but having just checked, there seems to be one around 4 miles away from me here.
They bought the remnants of Wilko, they seem to be keeping the website and the brand on some products, but otherwise converting any surviving stores into Ranges.

General vibe at our local one is as though a tornado had hit Woolworths, but it sort of works.

I can also confirm The Range seem to offer other "previously Wilko's" lines. So I am not surprised they are doing the white wine.

Latest posts

Back