Wine taste

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred

Reaction score
My initial attempts were with Beaverdale kits and turned out well, I've tried a couple of WOWs but don't get the complexity of flavours that I get from shop bought bottles. I've noticed that at around £5 a bottle I get a wine with a good initial taste but no lingering flavour, occasionally a £5 - 7 bottle will have a complex aftertaste which suits me. Will WOW ever reach this stage if I store it for a few months?

No, it will improve a lot with keeping, but I don't think you're ever going to get anything complex from it.

You could try "oaking" the must with oak chippings to give the wine a chardonnay dimension. Ive also tried adding small amounts of vanilla extract with good effect. Add it after youve added the stopper so it wont get eaten by the yeast.

If you have been fermenting to dry and backsweetening, try stopping the ferment early to find out what the wow tastes like, you might find it tastes like a muscat desert wine.

Unfortunately its a trial and error process so could be quite lengthy...so id enjoy it until you find the right blend.

Make notes aswell so you know what youve done.

MM

Latest posts

Back