Wood burners and open fires face restrictions in new clean air plan

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me laugh really, I remember getting a gas fitter round with a view to putting in a fire in our sitting room and he said sod it mate thats a perfectly good open fire, flue etc just use that no one will grass you up and on which l burned responsibly. In south east london if you are walking the streets there will be the occassional smell of a fire, but more likely the heavy smell of skunk weed. Even my young kids smell the hash and observe that we must be nearly home. I have since put a log burner in and it seems as clean as could be but for me this is just another tilt at law abiding citizens - far easier to go after us than folk that smoke drugs in the bus stop/ hospital/ station/ everywhere.

Maybe someone is using bricks of weed to fuel their open fire?

Maybe someone is using bricks of weed to fuel their open fire?

That wouldn't surprise me, because I can see a day when a log of wood will be more illegal and cost more than a brick of weed!

Even back in the 90's, I used to frequent a pub up in Scotland where you were more likely to get high from breathing the air in the Public Bar than getting drunk from drinking the beer!

PS

As a Policeman back in the 60's (well before the drugs problems that we have today), whenever I caught an under-age lad smoking cigarettes I used to confiscate them with the words "I am going to take these away and burn them." ...

... and I did. athumb..

Back