Woodfordes Great Western Railway Ale discontinued

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickpick

Reaction score
Woodfordes Great Eastern Ale discontinued several months ago. I'm drinking it now :drink: it's very good :rofl: I wondered if anyone has tried Woodfordes Sundew. It seems to be marketed in Eastern's old slot. Wondered if they're similar? :hmm:

i was told it was discontinued about 10 months ago, but it still appears in my LHBS. i guess they are just using up a back log? Apparently they only put out kits for the beer that Woodfordes are actually producing.

Hi,

I have tried Sundew and it’s very nice, I was given 6 bottles as a Christmas present from my parents, they didn’t last till boxing day put it that way J

When I was up in the Woodfordes shop a few weeks ago I asked when the Sundew would be available in kit form. The lady, who was very helpful, said that they are having a couple of issues and are just waiting to get it tasting correct. At the time they had just had another batch to brew and test and she was hopeful that it should not be too long before the kit is available.

I will 100% be doing a kit once it’s released.

Oh interesting, didn't know it wasn't released yet. Don't suppose you're familiar with Great Eastern then for a comparison?

mickpick said:
Oh interesting, didn't know it wasn't released yet. Don't suppose you're familiar with Great Eastern then for a comparison?

No, but looking around on the net now to try and buy a kit before they are gone for good. If anyone can help me out please let me know :drink:

daz c said:
i've got a great eastern kit that I bought but have'nt got round to using since i went all grain but i'm in bolton lancs . whats it cost to post a 3kg kit?

Royal Mail
Standard Parcels £7.62
First Class £8.95

My Hermes looks to be £5.99

Back