woodfordes nog. is this normal??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_cov

Reaction score
Iv had this brew fermenting for 8 days now and plan on bottling it soon as i get a chance. The thing thats playing on my mind is theres a lot of yeast floating on top is this normal?? Thanks in advance for any replies. :thumb:

yes mate you generally will get a bit of 'gunk' floating on the top, probably nothing to be worried about.

Did you take an original reading with a Hydrometer when you kicked the brew off? This needs to stay the same for about 3 days before you bottle it

hope that helps

hydrometer reading has been the same for about 3 days now was just wondering about the floating yeast as it hasnt been like that in my previous 3 brews. will bottle tommorow and hope it turns out better than my stout that i done a few weeks ago lol it tastes great but for some reason hasnt carbonated properly and have 30 bottles of flat stout lol. thanks for the reply mate. :cheers:

Ive seen these floaters a few times before and they will settle in the bottle, not sure about keg though as I dont use them. Happy Beer

Latest posts

Back