Tired Kveik - Pitch Secondary or Crash 'n' Hope?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muppix

Regular.
Reaction score
I started a brew last week in order to use up some odds and ends that I had floating about, including half a sachet of Hornindal that was BBE sometime in 2022. Might have known I was pushing my luck with that one. It took off all right and fermentation was done after a few days as usual, but there's still some traces of snotty krausen hanging around at the edges, and the 'meatballs' which normally disappear, haven't.

1707488922747.png

Question is, what to do? I've fermented at 8 PSI as usual with this type of brew so it's going to be messy if I have to rack the whole lot to another vessel for a secondary fermentation, largely because I don't have another pressure vessel, only an SS Brewtech bucket. I guess I could dump the dead yeast by removing the jar from the bottom of the Fermzilla, but that still leaves a couple of floaters. Or maybe I'll just cold-crash and hope for the best. Target was only 4% ABV and I'm pretty sure we're there ... Tilt isn't great for absolute values. Any ideas most welcome ...

Can I ask, why when I click on the pics does it link to another site?

That's where I keep my brew logs and also higher resolution photos. I tried to add the same pictures to this thread, but couldn't work out how to insert clickable thumbnails. The full-size pictures looked odd here, so I linked out instead. Hope that's OK ...

Back