Woodforde's Wherry at Wilko

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bezza

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been trying to decide on my next brew and it was between the Wherry and the St Peters Ruby Red (both about £25 online so have been putting it off)

Went into Wilko today to have a browse and found the Wherry for £16 :thumb:

used the difference from the RRA to get a Wilko's own Lager to have a go at too!

I'll be sure to add my review for the Wherry when it's done, although I'm hoping the coopers and the lager I've got will keep me to age the Wherry for xmas!!

2iv1bhv.jpg

It's a wonderful shop isn't it :D Good luck to you and i hope your brews turn out well ! I will be there next week picking up a Coopers Lager to save for Chrimbo when my boys turn up along with their thirsts :lol: Looking forward to the new year sale too, and hoping the brewing section features heavily in the discounting :thumb:

I was just wandering around Wilko's today, and bought one of those too :)

What's the forum thinking on the yeast that comes with them? Ditch it and use something else, or just make it according to the instructions? (I usually do AG, so have some S-04 and S-05 lying around somewhere).

I wish I kept notes. I'm drinking Wherry now and it's great. As far as I remember I used the kit yeast but my memory is useless. I could have used S-04. Or US-05. Sorry, that wasn't much use, was it!

Too excited so I've already got it going. I was only in for about five mins before I started! I pitched it with the packet yeast and It already smells good and actually already tastes half decent!

Looking forward to this one more than the coopers, and I've got a wilko lager and St Peter's ruby red lined up for my next two!!!

I have a theory that the kit yeasts are pretty good these days, actually. Sure, you may be able to improve / tweak the flavour by substituting another yeast, but you will still get a great beer using the kit yeast.

Doesn't apply to "lager" kits which often use ale yeast.

Latest posts

Back