woop woop !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picked up a fridge this week as well, so I have that to clean up and get ready to make into a fermenting fridge, lots to do today !

question for you.... almost no activity in the fv of coopers after 3 days has led me to believe I should pitch some more yeast, this is something I have never had to do before so I have just ordered a sachet of Safbrew WB-06 Yeast which should be here tomorrow, if I pitch that tomorrow after work that'll be 4 days its been sat, will it be ok do you think ?

Do a reading first, lid might not be sealed 100%
A brew fridge is a great upgrade :) :)

Cheers
Jay

Leon & Jay thanks for the help, I've not run into an issue yet with the dozen or so beers I've made so have never needed to ask lol !
the OG was about 1.042 and it now reads 1.032 so something has happened ! I have checked the lid and although it doesn't seem as tight as my usual FV it is secure enough, I checked the temp of the beer too 21deg which seems ok, no krausen whatsoever, a slight ring of crust on the bucket sides which I guess is from its initial activity ( I had a day of slightly swollen lid) and there is condensation on the lid as well. Do I be patient and see what happens or do I get some more yeast on the go tomorrow ?

1042 to 1032 since Saturday, leave it to do what it's doing it's going fine. Give it a fortnight in the FV and two days of the same SG readings and you're good to bottle/keg. And no lifting the lid, you have to fight the urge.

cheers Larry, I was thinking of leaving it to go the course, just not had a beer so inactive before so I naturally thought I had a problem ! I shall keep the wb-06 yeast I have on order for the next lot :thumb:

been at 1.010 for the last couple of days so I bottled it up,4.2% according to my readings and I got 25x750ml's (and a couple of cheeky glasses) from it..
made a fridge this week too, following the excellent guides on this forum :thumb:

IMG_0075.jpg

makes my beer corner look organised for a change....

IMG_0077.jpg

Back