Wort chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to say thank to manse for the bending spring tip-off,would have been disastrous without it.

That will stand proud of your wort in the Cygnet.

Hmmm... coils are 21cm high, just this second finished a 28L 'Black Sabbath' boil, lost ~4L over 60 minutes and final wort level measures 3cm below 'Max' mark i.e. 24cm deep. Overnight 'no-chill' for this one.

No matter, it's in the post anyway. I really fancy a homemade counter flow to get the job done fast but alas... I have very little free time atm due to a lot of unexpected/rare OT that's available. I'm taking it while it's going, I'll build a counter flow at Xmas :cheers:

No matter, it's in the post anyway. I really fancy a homemade counter flow to get the job done fast but alas... I have very little free time atm due to a lot of unexpected/rare OT that's available. I'm taking it while it's going, I'll build a counter flow at Xmas :cheers:

Not much more expensive to build tbh. On mine I've soldered copper wire in a spiral wrapped around the outer of the 10mm pipe. Helps the water flow around the pipe, maximising contact or something....

i made one doesnt look very tidy at the points where the hoses attach but its costs me about £20 in total to make and it worked!! So happy days

Latest posts

Back