WOW and a Sodastream!l

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadChefUK

Reaction score
I have been happily brewing my WOW for a while but I have a preference to cold fizzy drinks and my Bank balance doesn't stretch to Champagne! So last night I had a bottle of chilled WOW and spied my Soda stream but I know from previous experience that anything but water makes it explode but being a bolshy bitch I decided to have a go. I filled my soda stream bottle JUST to the liquid line, and with tea towels everywhere gave it 4:5 squishes of gas, um a success, poured it into a pretty wine glass and enjoyed, BUT tried it a second time and got carried away with the squishes and had an explosive moment. Will definitely be trying it again tonight but careful with the squishes. BTW its not a Bolly but a fun drink 🍸🍸🍸

I'm sure this is fine to do in a Sodasteam. Next time I make a WOW I'm going to have a go at carbing some using a carbonation cap I bought: Carb Cap

Currently use it to make fizzy water for the kids. Screws onto any old fizzy drinks bottle.

Any one who's fan of Big Clive will know he's carbonated a few drinks with mixed success the red wine worked but the Baileys was a different story.

Any one who's fan of Big Clive will know he's carbonated a few drinks with mixed success the red wine worked but the Baileys was a different story.

Fizzy Balieys is just wrong.

Looks like it wont be the new trend, Irish cream custard as the man says "looks like that's a fail" :laugh8:

Last edited:
Well I was toying with the idea of just buying a cheap sodastream and giving it a go.
BUT... a bit of research came up with theses two babies:
Mastrad Pure Fizz Fizzy Bubble Soda Drink Maker

Drinkmate Sparkling Water and Soda Maker, Carbonates Any Drink,

These both claim to be able to carbonate anything ( and have reviews to back it up)
Very expensive but could be fun!

@stringman get a pub co2 bottle, regulator, disconnect and carbonation cap and you can carbonate thousands of litres. About £45 for a regulator, carbonation cap, disconnect, some pipe and co2 bottle (if you can get one without deposit).

You can carbonate the hell out of anything then and don't have to be limited to what a sodastream thinks is good for you.

I've carbonated lots of wine and to compensate for carbonic bite you've got to sweeten them up a bit. Reds definitely but some tasteless whites I found better with a bit of zing.

Please don't buy that thing. The words 'cheap' and 'sodastream' don't belong anywhere near each other. The cost of making pop with them is horrific. They're safer for plebs but even then buying fizzy water for 17p for 2 litres is still loads cheaper than carbonating with them. And when you grow tired of it you won't have yet another white elephant living under your sink that definitely, definitely didn't get anywhere near to balancing that "I'm trying to redoooce mah plastics yooosagggge." justification.

You're a brewer. You don't need little toys. You need a big cylindrical toy with guages and pipes that scares the p*ss out of you when you bump into it because you still haven't put up that thing to chain it to the wall.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back