WOW, tins and Vimto - not a great result

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu9000

Reaction score
I had a go at all three projects but have not had great results.
Fermented fine but taste is poor.

The WoW just tastes like alcohic fruit juice. Rough.

Gotta a lot of respect for Moleys advice but im wondering what I could be doing wrong.

stu9000 said:
The WoW just tastes like alcohic fruit juice. Rough.

How long have you left it to mature???????. I have not had a bad wurzel yet even after only 2 weeks in the bottle.

stu9000 said:
Gotta a lot of respect for Moleys advice but im wondering what I could be doing wrong.

If your following Moleys advice I would say your doing nothing wrong. But without knowing what your are doing it's hard to say.

WOW and Fruit Tea bag Hippy Juice are my staple wines and all have worked very well following Moleys directions. So give us a run-down on your brewing practice and I'm sure someone may be able to find a reason for your disappointment :thumb:

Alcoholic fruit juice rings a bell. I don't think you can make a decent wine from dessert grape juice alone, which is why grape concentrate for winemaking is composed of wine and dessert grapes. Some wine grapes make acceptable dessert grapes, but the reverse is not true.

Back