Xmas kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrewski

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone know of a kit that can be done in next few days that will be drinkable by the big day I like mj kits but take 3 weeks to be ready for bottling

I made a Coopers APA a few weeks ago. It had Cascade and Galaxy hops.
I bottled it and put most of it away in boxes, and half a dozen or so that wouldn't fit I left on a shelf in the garage.
Then last weekend I accidentally picked a bottle of it off the shelf.
I thought it tasted good, and only then realised it had only been in the bottle ten days.

You'd have to get a move on. Maybe speed it up a bit on only leave it in the FV for 10 days.
That kit would definitely ferment out in a week with the kit yeast. So 10 days in the FV would be fine I think.

Darker beers tend to take longer to condition than light beers, some lagers excepted. So I would go for a light beer. Like @Pirate_Pete I have also drunk Coopers AuPA within a couple of weeks or so of bottling and it was fine. If you go for that add a dry hop or a hop tea of say 50g Cascade or similar to freshen it up.
And when you go ahead make sure you are not fermenting and carbing at the cold end of the yeast range, say 20*C rather than 18*C
But whatever kit you get I suggest that you buy a Wilko Ale or other Nottingham yeast since you will get enough yeast in the packet to quickly ferment, and this type of yeast usually packs down well and quickly so your beer will clear sooner.
However you do need to get something going soonest.

Latest posts

Back