You can't turn the clock back, or can you?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to turn this thread a little bit political, Fallon's replacement as defence secretary, Gavin Wilson, is yet another mistep for our PM who seems to have two left feet. The rest of the party are foaming at the mouth at his appointment.

And to turn the thread back to the original topic; I've always quite liked the rock band Free, but can you imagine a band releasing a song like The Hunter today? :eek:

They call me the hunter
That's my name
A pretty little woman like you
Is my only game
I bought me a love gun
Just the other day
And I aim to aim it your way
Ain't no use to hide
Ain't no use to run
'Cause I got you in the sight
Of my girly gun
The first time I saw you
Standing on the street
I said to myself
Oh, ain't she sweet
I got my love gun loaded
With hundreds of kisses
Soon as I pull the trigger baby
There will be no misses
Ain't no use to hide
Ain't no use to run
Of my girly gun
Ain't no use to hide
Ain't no use to run
Of my girly gun

And to turn the thread back to the original topic; I've always quite liked the rock band Free, but can you imagine a band releasing a song like The Hunter today?

This is exactly why we should wind the clock back.... to the 70s. I'm sick of all this politically correct / unisex / gender-neutral crapola.

Go on. You know you cant resist. <antisipates the steam coming out of Gunges ears :lol: >

I clicked. What a complete load of cobblers... and I didn't get further than the opening paragraph! Keeps sociologists and psychologists in work I suppose. We're born with a pole or a hole - should have left it at that.

This is exactly why we should wind the clock back.... to the 70s. I'm sick of all this politically correct / unisex / gender-neutral crapola.

A popular sit-com back then if released today would cause uproar and if you watched it back then you will probably cringe when you watch it back now as i did earlier, some things have changed for the better.

I have posted this video to show those who are too young to remember it how bad things were back then.

Do not watch the video if you are easily offended and do not complain if you ignore this message then are.

Skip to 10:40 where the real cringe-worthy stuff starts.

Love Thy Neighbour "The Pilot episode" Thames Television -

Love Thy Neighbour is a British sitcom, which was broadcast from 13 April 1972 until 22 January 1976, spanning seven series and fifty-four episodes. The series was produced by Thames Television for the ITV network. Wikipedia

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGesyvKfAOA[/ame]

Aw c'mon, LTN was great, and both 'sides' gave as good as they got. No-one can have a laugh with each other these days. That's the problem.

Unbelievable to think that people geniunely think that race makes people different.

Thanks for sharing chippy, never realised people used to actually think like thatand probably still do

It's true a lot of stuff on TV in the 70's will never be shown again.
I have loads of retro stuff on dvd including all the carry on films,on the buses etc. Recently watched the Alf Garnet in sickness and in health box set.

It's true a lot of stuff on TV in the 70's will never be shown again.
I have loads of retro stuff on dvd including all the carry on films,on the buses etc. Recently watched the Alf Garnet in sickness and in health box set.

On The Buses lol! Watched the one where Reg tried making a homebrew kit the other day on youtube! Look it up, those who haven't seen it - it's ace!

I don't get it. A young lad and lass, getting to 'know each other' - who makes the first move,physically, without risking a lawsuit from the other? Should they come right out and ask, literally ask, if it's ok? That's what it's coming to. Bloody hell if all the girls I've known / approached decided it was wrong all those years ago, I'll be going down for a long, long time. I'm not making light of the matter - there's a world of difference between a friendly, innocent touch to assault. Where has all the common-sense gone, these days?

There's a world of difference between two people mutually interested in each other going on a date and one maybe moving a bit faster than the other wants to, and someone in a position of power attempting to use that position to get in their junior's knickers. That should be simple common sense as well.

On The Buses lol! Watched the one where Reg tried making a homebrew kit the other day on youtube! Look it up, those who haven't seen it - it's ace!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jBBHk-3LA[/ame]

Back