Your recipes for drink mixing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greencheapsk8

Reaction score
So what drinks to you personally invent, or unusual ones that you love.
Like your Bloody mary with lemon juice and rum.
Or a Black Russian with pickled eggs or something.
Just random stuff you have tried, bonus points for awesome names!

Cheap, blended Scotch with Irn Bru.

Decent Scotch with Drambuie - I believe that's called a Rusty Nail.

That's about it really, quite conservative in my tastes, or no imagination.

Tia Maria and Bushmills - Marie in the bush.

Stout and Port - Velvet Pussy :lol:

Moley said:
I hope that is not a malt :nono: :nono:

Having said that my malt which I haven't had since last Christmas has gone down from 3 fingers to less than one because SHMBO has been mixing it with lemon and honey for her 'cold' when I wasn't watching.

Not happy.

graysalchemy said:
Moley said:
Glenfiddich maybe (found a couple of bottles in my late Father's wardrobe) but nothing worth drinking on its own ;)

Glenfiddich isn't that just a bottle of Grants without the maize :lol: :lol:

Then that is acceptable :lol: :lol:

Swampy = 1/2 pt cider + 1/2pt lager + shot of blue bols

Moley said:
graysalchemy said:
Moley said:
Glenfiddich maybe (found a couple of bottles in my late Father's wardrobe) but nothing worth drinking on its own ;)

It absolutely should be a malt otherwise it's no nail worth drinking! (But yes, that's what Glenfiddich is for...)

Malt should never be mixed :nono: :nono: unless you are not man enough to drink it neat in which case water is permissible :lol: :lol:

graysalchemy said:
Malt should never be mixed :nono: :nono: unless you are not man enough to drink it neat in which case water is permissible :lol: :lol:

I think you hit the nail on the head with the appraisal of Glenfiddich...

There have been a few cask strength bad boys that have passed through my whisky cupboard (and me for that matter) which one couldn't fully appreciate unless they were diluted slightly. 1:3 seems a good ratio for a 50 something % straight from the cask to let all the more subtle aromatics past the alcohol.

Which reminds me... I have a 16YO Scapa at home which might see some attention later tonight... :D

Yes I agree you often appreciate the flavours and aroma more when they have had a little water added. :thumb: :thumb: especially the high abv's and also some of the Islay malts. I have got my eye on a bottle of Lagavulin this year my favorite malt.

We must also remeber that the reason why malt was blended with grain whiskies originally was to make it more palatable to a wider audiance. Mind you a lot of blends are as rough as a badgers ar*e and haven't passed my lips since I left the highlands in the early 90's.

I only ever drink a blend as a dram-of-last-resort. I'd probably hit the rum before the bells!!! That said there's always a bottle or two in for the cooking... can't be pouring the good stuff into the Christmas cake now can we?

Lagavulin stinks, but it's ace! I like to serve something like that to my southern chums who profess to liking a drop... They tend to pull a face like they've licked the back of a fireplace...

...which to be fair is about right!! :D

Bison Grass Vodka and Apple juice is a good one.
Tastes like apple strudel.

Moley said:
That reminds me of when bells and irn bru got together and tried it as an alcopop. Never caught on but my mate loved the stuff so after that he would ask for 4 whiskies, a pint glass and a can of irn bru.
Expensive night and he was never that clever the next morning :lol:

Oooo Southern Comfort / vodka ice ... :cool:

Or a Pint glass with 1shot of each of the white spirits / 1 shot Advocaat topped up with lemonade and a dash of blackcurrant :cheers: :party: :drunk:
Its great its sooo bright pink :rofl:

Chris

Saw this one on that mockney tw@t Jamie Oliver's prog a couple of years back - doesn't get simpler, does taste good, does get you battered...

Take one bottle of decent vodka, insert into freezer.
Wait.
Take one pomegranite, hack mercilessly in two.
Take one half wound side down and beat the daylights out of it with a wooden spoon.
You should now have a handful of pomegranite.
Remove vodka from freezer.
Pour liberal (only effing liberal thing in this house) measures of same.
Lob in some pomegranite.
Neck.
Repeat.

Vodka, amaretto and cherry juice tastes just like a cherry pie, and so I cleverly named it 'cherry pie'. No prizes for guessing how to make an 'Apple pie'...

Rough cider ,Pernod and blackcurrant , originally called the Candy Bang after the lady who first ordered it , later renamed the Gang Bang . I forebear to mention why :whistle:

Shug said:
Moley said:
That reminds me of when bells and irn bru got together and tried it as an alcopop. Never caught on
I actually picked that combination up from a Scot. :wha:

calumscott said:
I only ever drink a blend as a dram-of-last-resort. I'd probably hit the rum before the bells!!! ... (snip) ... Lagavulin stinks, but it's ace!
Got wrecked on rum at a university Christmas party about 35 years ago, have never been able to touch the stuff since :sick:

Father-in-law was here a couple of weeks ago and brought a bottle of Black Grouse, that was pretty good for a blend, heavy on the Islay.

blinkey said:
Or a Pint glass with 1shot of each of the white spirits / 1 shot Advocaat topped up with lemonade and a dash of blackcurrant
I must get my eyes tested again, on first read through I thought you said a pint of White Spirit with advocaat etc. :shock:

Few nice sounding ones on here :thumb:
Although i did have to google Irn-Bru, ive never heard of it!

This is great for parties.
Get 1 small watermelon, cut a small hole in the top, mash the inside into juicy stuff.
Add lemonade and vodka to taste or manlyness :lol:
Add straw and :drink:

Latest posts

Back