Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You obviously know him in person and can therefore make that statement in full confidence that it is correct.
Clearly not something you just wrote down because you don't like him or his politics.
In fairness the bloke has carefully nurtured the bumbling oaf image over a number of years. I don't believe he's the oaf he wants people to believe he is, but don't be surprised when his image is taken at face value.

Shall I go on, or have you got my drift?

I think it would be better when making accusation to add links as proof i have no recollection of the "The debacle over EU ventilators" or them saying they gowns have to be "B.S. Standard nuclear attack-proof quality" i wasn't aware " soldiers are hanging around in this old veterans garden? If they've nothing to do, why aren;t they helping out on the streets" i didn't know the police were having problems controlling people on the streets again where is the evidence, i could go on but cannot be arsed its this is just lazy tory bashing as i posted earlier.

It's gone beyond Tory Bashing. It's time to put aside party politics in the present crisis. They are there and they are not doing their job. Whether that's because they're Tories, I don't know. I suspect it's because they are just rotten people irrespective of their political affiliation. But we're stuck with them. We pay their wages and we have a right and a duty to hold them to account. Enough of this servile deference.

Again i ask what should they be doing that they are not, you seem to take great pleasure in telling us what a **** up they are making why don't you tell us what they should be doing.

What I find particularly interesting (and why I posted the story) is that the story was broken in the Times. Hardly a bastion of lefty snowflakeness. Also politicians usually dont admit anything they dont have to, usually prefering to do a bit of spi and we've got gove 'fessing up.'
As our own @Bevvied has attested to, this virus is extremely difficult to come back from. Perhaps BJ is having a more torrid time than we've been led to believe and it will take him quite a while to get back to work. This of course is all very damaging to the Conservative 'optics' combined with all the cock ups they've done. I wonder if the knives are out for BJ given that tory de-thonement's can be bloody and quick (compared to Labour change of leaderships which takes bleedin' months)?

Again i ask what should they be doing that they are not, you seem to take great pleasure in telling us what a **** up they are making why don't you tell us what they should be doing.
Well I thought that's what post 259 was about, but if you choose to be "unaware", I can't be arissed either. So I'll take my coat next door to the Flying Firkin and see if anyone gives a flying firk over there. :coat:

Well I thought that's what post 259 was about, but if you choose to be "unaware", I can't be arissed either. So I'll take my coat next door to the Flying Firkin and see if anyone gives a flying firk over there. :coat:

I have been asking members who persist in slating the government for what they haven't done to tell us all what they should have (excluding stockpiling PPE) and to include evidence wherever possible to back up their accusations as this would be helpful, again this has not happened.

I have been asking members who persist in slating the government for what they haven't done to tell us all what they should have (excluding stockpiling PPE) and to include evidence wherever possible to back up their accusations as this would be helpful, again this has not happened.
Best leave it, then, Chippy, rather than fall out over it. I could equally well ask what the Opposition is doing. Not a great deal either, so far as I can see. At least the toll is down considerably today. Long may it last.

Best leave it, then, Chippy, rather than fall out over it.

Feel free to carry on posting i am not trying to stop anyone having their say but i would like people to give a little info with their posts, i agree about the opposition in fact at the moment there is non that needs to change and soon.

Bottom line is, they know exactly what they are doing but we have to guess as do the press then all the accusations get turned into spin its like feeding an hungry hippo :beer1:

Well...

* Close the airports

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/more-15000-day-still-arriving-21888143
* Stop fudging the death figures. Include care home deaths in the overall death fugure

https://time.com/5820510/uk-coronavirus-deaths-nursing-home/
*Test elderly hospital patients before sending them home so they dont infect the rest of the home

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...rus-hospital-patients-discharge-a4403271.html
Just three off the top of my head

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/more-15000-day-still-arriving-21888143
Mr Hancock said: “At the current rate of transmission here, the scientists say that the epidemiological impact of keeping the travel open is very small, because there's already large transmission here.

Some 15,000 travellers a day are still arriving on flights into the UK and not being tested for coronavirus.

People on flights from other virus-hit countries like Italy, the US and China are being admitted without any kind of health checks, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said yesterday.

He revealed that the equivalent of 105,000 people a week are flying in from all over the world.

The British government has not imposed any health checks or compulsory quarantine periods in for people arriving into UK airports.

People in the UK have been urged not to travel unless its essential, but the airports have not been closed down.

But Mr Hancock insisted that the flow of people coming to Britain will not make a significant difference, since the virus is already so widespread.

He said that routine screening of passengers arriving into UK airports isn’t happening because the number of people had “dropped very dramatically”.

Mr Hancock said: “At the current rate of transmission here, the scientists say that the epidemiological impact of keeping the travel open is very small, because there's already large transmission here.

So what he's saying, is because we didnt lock down fast enough (like other countries did) so many people are infected in the country it doesnt matter how many people we let in. Well that's comforting ashock1[/URL]

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...rus-hospital-patients-discharge-a4403271.html
SWMBO's home is not allowing anyone leaving to come back and hasn't since this started, they haven't enough test kits to test those on the fromnt line let alone those leaving hospital i assume this will change as more kits become available.

A Department of Health and Social Care spokesperson said: “The Government is rapidly scaling up the national effort to boost testing capacity for COVID-19 to protect the vulnerable, support our health service, and ultimately save lives.

“We are increasing NHS hospital and Public Health England testing capacity from 5,000 to 10,000 and then 25,000 tests a day.

“The Chancellor previously announced £2.9bn funding to strengthen care for the vulnerable. Of this, £1.3bn will be used to free up more than 15,000 hospital beds by helping patients no longer in need of treatment to return home safely.”

So what he's saying, is because we didnt lock down fast enough (like other countries did) so many people are infected in the country it doesnt matter how many people we let in. Well that's comforting ashock1

If the scientists say that the epidemiological impact of keeping the travel open is very small i have no reason to think they are lying.

They government are damned if they do and damned if they don't, we haven't enough pickers to pick the crops so we have let foreign workers in to do it you would say don't let them in because they "could" spread the disease then the crops would rot the farmers would go out of business and food prices would rise, again a no win situation for the government.

If the scientists say that the epidemiological impact of keeping the travel open is very small i have no reason to think they are lying.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't, we haven't enough pickers to pick the crops so we let foreign workers in you would say don't let them in because they "could" spread the disease then the crops would rot the farmers would go out of business and food prices would rise, a no win situation for the government.

Well we do have enough pickers as we now have 1.5million new universal credit claimants. But Brits dont want to pick crops. Perhaps its the low wages, perhaps lack or transport or accomodation to the fields. But the Goverment could help with that. We've Sunak has just spent hundreds of billions on rescue packages for workers. We could use some of that money to subsidise wages, transport accomodation.

or

We could test E.European for high temperatures upon arrival as well as quarantine all veg pickers for 14 days to make sure they're not spreading the virus

or

If we wanted to particualarly cruel to farmers (I wouldnt advocate this tbh btw its just an option) We let the farmer go out of business. We import 80% of our food anyway

SWMBO's home is not allowing anyone leaving to come back and hasn't since this started, they haven't enough test kits to test those on the fromnt line let alone those leaving hospital i assume this will change as more kits become available.

A number of homes are doing this but many arent. What happens to the one that arent allowed back into the home. Do they 'bed block' in hospital? We could perhaps use some of the nightingale hospitals to put them in as you say test kits are limited

perhaps lack or transport or accomodation to the fields.
We could test E.European for high temperatures upon arrival as well as quarantine all veg pickers for 14 days to make sure they're not spreading the virus

I looked at the accommodation these pickers are given it makes scary reading even in times of no virus -

Caravan parks

Seasonal workers are regularly accommodated at caravan parks, with many sites housing a large number of workers.

However, the conditions at some sites are described as “horrific”, with farmworkers expected to live in overcrowded and unsanitary conditions.

Complaints have been made of some supervisors being abusive and violent, with a small number of assaults reported, the GLAA says.

There have also been health and safety concerns at some agricultural sites, with serious incidents reported.

Social media is being used to recruit agricultural workers who go on to be exploited, with some arriving in the UK for work that doesn’t exist.

Field work is often not the first choice for workers, with several believing that they would be working in the pack-house when recruited – and for which workers have sometimes paid money to overseas agencies for.

Latest posts

Back